Bottled Beer in Your Suitcase?

hkbragg

I know Carnival allows you to bring 1 bottle of wine, but I am a beer snob and would like to bring a few bottles of my favorite beers that are not sold on board. Has anyone had a problem bringing glass bottles of beer on board in their checked baggage?

I bring Sam Adams on board. that's just because it damn near kills me to pay $5 a beer though LOL I put each bottle in a plastic baggie, then wrap clothes around each bottle. Never had an issue. Just don't forget a bottle opener ;)

I bring some in my checked luggage every cruise.

Last week I tried something new and packed a mini-keg of Heineken in my luggage and it worked great.....

Cooler kept it cold and frosty...

Just bought a beer to start the day and just kept refilling it the rest of the day.

Worked great.

Bill

After you open a mini-keg of Heineken how long do you have to drink it? That sounds like a great idea!

I believe it states on the outside of the keg that it is good for 30 days after opening.

(Needless to say, I did not need that long.;)

Bill

My husband LOVES beer and I was thinking of bring some this time around, my question do you try to hide it while drinking it? If you buys Carnivals its those 16oz aluminum bottles and if I bring some its gonna be 12oz cans and he wont pour them in a cup(says it tastes funny) so do we have to only drink it in our cabin or do they not even care if your out by the pool area?

Archived