Would love some advise on Mariners of the sea

I am new to these forums as well as only having cruised twice. I am a divorced Mom late 40's with almost 9 year old twins. Thinking about this cruise ship for spring break 2010.

I am not adverse to taking the kids out of school another time but wonder if I don't cruise on a Holiday or summer would there be other kids for my kids to play with? Problem is of course the cost is higher when school is out and would mean getting an inside room vs ocean view or balcony. Previous cruises have been ocean view.So my question is is it really hard to adjust to inside rooms? Kids I'm sure would have no problem but wonder if I could. Price difference is around $700 so it's significant to me .

Next question is there is nothing left midship but something on deck 9. Does it really make a difference what deck you are on?

Next question is I have contacted several large online cruise agents and prices are similar but some offer rebate,some prepaid gratuuities but within 50 dollars .Should I just go for best price(including rebates or gratuities) with a reputable cruise seller?

There does seem to be some price differences on insurance .Does anyone buy that seperately from a travel insurance company?

Thanks in advance for any advise. I have read through a lot of posts and their is a wealth of info on these boards.

My wife and I actually prefer inside cabins. They aren't that much smaller than an ocean view. The biggest benefit for us is that the insides are dark and quiet so we sleep really really good.

Also if money is a factor. That $700 you save can be used to take your twins on some great excursions.

JMO but

$700 for a window? No way I would pay that. Or did you mean a balcony? If it's for a balcony and you plan to spend time there when the kids are at the club then I would say it might be work it. What about the special for the free upgrade coming out on Tuesday (I could be wrong about the date) would that work for you?

Unless you are going to save alot on another week I probably wouldn't take the kids out for a week at that age. Again JMO. I think at around 3rd grade is when missing a week could be a big deal.

The ports all have free orcheap things to do so you won't have to pay a fortune for that. Most of the independent co. will have half price for kids as well. Like in cabo the Pez Gato is half price and has a whale watch in the afternoon or do Medano Beach. In Mazatlan you could just explore the shops or head to stone island super cheap. In Puerto V just go to the krystal resort and all it will cost you is lunch.

Make sure to get the letter from exH that allows you to travel with the kids, Yes it's crazy but you need it.

We will be on the ship March 14th. Is that the date you are looking at?

Monica

Archived