Salonae and Klis, Croatia

Hello,

My husband and I will be visiting Split in April aboard the Splendor of the Seas. We have already visited Split once before and we are interested in seeing Klis Fortress in Klis and the ruins in Salonae. What I am trying to find out is which bus to take from the bus station outside of the cruise docks. I believe the station is called Kolodvor. I'm trying to find out what bus # to take from Split to Klis, then Klis to Solin, and then from Solin back to Split. Can I get one ticket that will enable me to get to and from all these places? We are in port from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Am I trying to do too much? I would definitely like to see Salonae if it is not possible to do both Salonae and Klis. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I do not recommend to visit fortress of Klis because it is very neglected. Buses are not often and there is no bus if it is a weekend.

Salona is easy to visit. You just take bus No. 1 in front of the theatre (actually in front of a shopping centre near theatre) and it takes you directly to Ancient Salona (you'll see sign on the bus HNK-Starine-HNK which means Theatre-Salona-Theatre). I think the bus goes every half an hour or so. When you want to go back, then you take the same bus in front of my house. :) I live there, 1 minute walk from Ancient Salona.

P1010036.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

No, you need to go in front of the theatre. This is local bus, and "kolodvor" is an intercity bus station (you can take a bus to Zagreb or Germany there). But walk to the theatre is realy enjoyable - you pass all Riva promenade and then turn right to Marmontova street (shopping street) and you will end up at the theatre in less than 10 minutes. Or you can walk trough the streets of the palace and end up at the theatre.

Archived