Will eyelash extensions hold up with water activities?

spmom

I'm thinking about getting eyelash extensions for my next cruise. I plan on participating in water activities like swimming and snorkeling. I hate waterproof mascara but I need my lashes! Any experience with extensions?

Eileen

• 3 weeks later...
How long do they last?

From what I've heard up to 3 months. If applied properly they come out when your own lash would normally exfoliate. I'm so tempted to have it done before my up coming cruise, but the expense?! What could I buy with $300 on my trip?!!!:rolleyes:

I wore lashes for years. I do them myself, buy them at Sally Beauty supply. Get the individual lashes and clear adhesive. The look really nice and are LESS then $10 to put on. You can experiment with them, it's fun, you will need a sharp pointy pair of tweezers and a hand mirror and go at it. Good luck, I may even do it for my trip! Then I won't need mascara, and I wont miss the running makeup!

I wore lashes for years. I do them myself, buy them at Sally Beauty supply. Get the individual lashes and clear adhesive. The look really nice and are LESS then $10 to put on. You can experiment with them, it's fun, you will need a sharp pointy pair of tweezers and a hand mirror and go at it. Good luck, I may even do it for my trip! Then I won't need mascara, and I wont miss the running makeup!

Do you apply them to the lashes or just along the lash line?

I put them right where the lashes and skin meet, then I use a liquid eyeliner to blend

I'm going to give it a try. Way less than the $300 I was told. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how I do with the self application!

I'm thinking about getting eyelash extensions for my next cruise. I plan on participating in water activities like swimming and snorkeling. I hate waterproof mascara but I need my lashes! Any experience with extensions?

Eileen

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE EYELASH EXTENSIONS! I have had them put on several times and I have enjoyed them on many cruises while swimming and snorkeling. If you get them applied right before your trip they will still look gorgeous when you go home. However - they do not in anyway shape or form last for 3 months time. It is more like 3 weeks at the most and you will need to get them touched up. The intitial cost where I live is $300 and then $150 for touch ups. They are pricey so I can't have them all the time. I get them for special occasions. It is so nice not to have to put on mascara and have the most beautiful lashes no matter what I'm doing. My daughter has tried the single lashes from the beauty supply and they are good for one night. If you want something that is convenient and not as expensive and makes your lashes beautiful try Rapid Lash. It is like Latisse only you don't need a prescription. I noticed thicker and longer lashes after only 2 weeks - and after 2 months there was an incredible change - but I still have to use mascara so still would prefer eye lash extensions. I would like to mention that I have family in AZ and out west the cost is a lot more managable so if you live there you are fortunate as they are more cost effective.

Nikita,

Thanks for the information. I'm surprised to learn that the life of the extensions is only about 3 weeks not the 3 months I was told. Your rave review does make it sound so enticing! I'm still thinking?!!:confused:

Eileen

Good luck with whatever decision you make. FYI - I bought the Rapid Lash on Costco.com for around $80. You get two tubes and after 3plus months I'm still using the first tube (you apply every night) but first tube is running low now. If I dyed my lashes right now they would be close to having extentions. This stuff really is amazing. But as mentioned before - nothing can beat the extentions if you have the time and money to keep them up. Enjoy your cruise!

• 11 months later...

I always get the extensions on a day or two before the cruise and they last the entire cruise but as nikita mentioned they last a total of about 3 weeks for me as well. Here at a local salon they charge $50 for both eyes. Not a bad deal but when they start falling out (I do not get them touched up after the cruise) I end up losing my own lashes as well.

I have heard great things about rapid lash. Just ordered the rapid lash on amazon 3 days ago - one tube for $25 includes shipping. I am now patiently waiting the package arrival...excited to try it out!

Good luck on yours! :)

I always get the extensions on a day or two before the cruise and they last the entire cruise but as nikita mentioned they last a total of about 3 weeks for me as well. Here at a local salon they charge $50 for both eyes. Not a bad deal but when they start falling out (I do not get them touched up after the cruise) I end up losing my own lashes as well.

I have heard great things about rapid lash. Just ordered the rapid lash on amazon 3 days ago - one tube for $25 includes shipping. I am now patiently waiting the package arrival...excited to try it out!

Good luck on yours! :)

Anthsmom...this is such a coincidence you live in Tampa Bay...My post was from one year back (Feb. 2010) and now we live in Tampa Bay area (moved from Doylestown PA) and I would love to know the salon where you get your lashes on for $50! We cruise again in May and I would love to get some extensions again if they aren't too expensive. Hope you enjoy your rapid lash. I'm still using mine but miss my extensions...

Eileen

Hi, I thought I would chime in with my experience. I pay $25.00 to have mine put on and they last about 2 weeks. They come as tiny bunches (like 2 or 3 lashes) and are put on individually. If you don't fool with them and are careful when you wash your face they will last. As the other poster mentioned if you are around alot of splashing they will come loose. Usually if one of mine comes out I will run over to the salon and have them fix it. They are wonderful and I feel great wearing them. Check around because you can probably find them for around the same price I pay. To me it's just like having my nails done every couple of weeks. I am addicted to them now. I even thought if I had one fall out I'll bet someone who works in the salon can fix it. Good luck and happy cruising. We are headed out in three weeks. :D

The Looks Lashes in our medium-size city are $175 for the initial application. They are individual lashes, not small clumps that you can buy at the drugstore and glue on yourself.

I do think that they are really expensive, which is why I haven't tried them.

I do mine myself..Love them i have done the clumps and the single ones

just depends on how much time i have. The clumps take me about 20 min for a full set singles about a hour or so. they only last about 2 weeks.

Love not having to wear mascara on my upper lashes still wear it on my lower lashes. Give it a try not hard and if you don't like them you can take them off.:)

I do mine myself..Love them i have done the clumps and the single ones

just depends on how much time i have. The clumps take me about 20 min for a full set singles about a hour or so. they only last about 2 weeks.

Love not having to wear mascara on my upper lashes still wear it on my lower lashes. Give it a try not hard and if you don't like them you can take them off.:)

Where do you buy the products? What brands etc do you use? I would like to try this (maybe). It sure would save a bunch of money!!

Where do you buy the products? What brands etc do you use? I would like to try this (maybe). It sure would save a bunch of money!!

For the life of me I cant think of the brand name

I buy mine from sally's becuse they are the only store in my area that has the short brown lashes. and they sell the singles. make sure when you get the glue its for the single lashes.

Good luck and just remember thak your time with them.

Also I put mine on under the lashes not on top. Just like the salon would.

I had them before and two weeks was the time they started falling out... in clumps... with my real lashes attached.:eek: My eyelids were partially bald for several weeks. Luckily it was summer and I could wear my sunglasses a lot of the time. I was so embarrassed!

Now I use Latisse and my lashes look better than the extensions and the are real! $300 would buy you about 6 months worth of Latisse. It says a bottle lasts 1 month, but mine lasts at least 2 months. After 16 weeks your lashes will look full and long! Best money I ever spent and no side effects!:D

Anthsmom...this is such a coincidence you live in Tampa Bay...My post was from one year back (Feb. 2010) and now we live in Tampa Bay area (moved from Doylestown PA) and I would love to know the salon where you get your lashes on for $50! We cruise again in May and I would love to get some extensions again if they aren't too expensive. Hope you enjoy your rapid lash. I'm still using mine but miss my extensions...

Welcome to Tampa nikita!

Where in Tampa are you? The salon I go to is in the outskirts of Tampa in Riverview/Apollo Beach. I love the way the lashes look when she is done - just don't like when they start falling out thus the rapid lash that I am so excited about ;)

Welcome to Tampa nikita!

Where in Tampa are you? The salon I go to is in the outskirts of Tampa in Riverview/Apollo Beach. I love the way the lashes look when she is done - just don't like when they start falling out thus the rapid lash that I am so excited about ;)

We live in Apollo Beach!! So the salon must be close to us. What's the name of it and the person who does them? I'm really interested to maybe get them for the cruise if they are only $50! I was paying over $300 for them in PA. If they are only $50 I will get them just for the cruise and then go back to natural afterwards. Did you know you can use the rapid lash with the extensions as well - maybe it would reduce the number of real lashes lost? I never tried it while having extensions though.

Archived