Two HAL Questions

Sailaways_

Are the pools on HAL saltwater or fresh water? Specifically wondering about the Westerdam, if that matters.

What kind of food is served in the Explorations cafe, and what hours is it open? Is there a charge for anything (other than the specialty coffees)? I'm envisioning something similar to Cova on X and the International Cafe on Princess, with danishes, sandwiches, and desserts. Is this right?

TIA guys! :)

Are the pools on HAL saltwater or fresh water? Specifically wondering about the Westerdam, if that matters.

What kind of food is served in the Explorations cafe, and what hours is it open? Is there a charge for anything (other than the specialty coffees)? I'm envisioning something similar to Cova on X and the International Cafe on Princess, with danishes, sandwiches, and desserts. Is this right?

TIA guys! :)

1) It CAN vary from cruise to cruise. Best to ask and be sure. Front Office will either know or can find out.

2) Small pastries primarily but there may be additional selection. Hours will be posted in the Daily Program. Not as elaborate as the International Cafe selections PCL offers but pretty impressive and tasty stuff (Not familiar with X, sorry). On Westerdam, also keep in mind there are 2 coffee stations. One right by the shops and the big interactive map. The other up on top adjacent to the Crow's Nest.

1) It CAN vary from cruise to cruise. Best to ask and be sure. Front Office will either know or can find out.

2) Small pastries primarily but there may be additional selection. Hours will be posted in the Daily Program. Not as elaborate as the International Cafe selections PCL offers but pretty impressive and tasty stuff (Not familiar with X, sorry). On Westerdam, also keep in mind there are 2 coffee stations. One right by the shops and the big interactive map. The other up on top adjacent to the Crow's Nest.

Thanks so much, DBA! I find it interesting that the pool situation varies from cruise to cruise. I would think that each ship only has the mechanisms for fresh water or only for salt water. either way, I'll find out!

P.S. I have to tell you, I love following your blog and your Twitter. You do an awesome job for all of us ship lovers, so thanks! :) Can I have your job? </kidding!> </sortof!>

Thanks so much, DBA! I find it interesting that the pool situation varies from cruise to cruise. I would think that each ship only has the mechanisms for fresh water or only for salt water. either way, I'll find out!

P.S. I have to tell you, I love following your blog and your Twitter. You do an awesome job for all of us ship lovers, so thanks! :) Can I have your job? </kidding!> </sortof!>

Glad to help, and thank you! (The blog is my own sole "activity" and is precisely 0% of my salary with HAL) ;)

Archived