Thermal Suite on the Jewel

We are getting ready to leave on a 10 night cruise in February on the Jewel. I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments about the ship. My question is about the Thermal Suite/Spa. Has anyone done this? Can you get a week long pass and go all the time or do you have to just use it for one hour and then that's it? How does this work? Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if there are other spa services you loved, please let me know. We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and want to go all out!

You can get a whole-cruise pass and go all the time or a one-day pass.

There are a lot of floor-to-ceiling windows in there, so my roomie & I liked to change into our swimsuits when we got back from a shore excursion and go lounge on the heated tile beds and watch the island recede as we pulled out of port... ah, those were the days! :D

We are getting ready to leave on a 10 night cruise in February on the Jewel. I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments about the ship. My question is about the Thermal Suite/Spa. Has anyone done this? Can you get a week long pass and go all the time or do you have to just use it for one hour and then that's it? How does this work? Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if there are other spa services you loved, please let me know. We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and want to go all out!

Try this website. It has pictures of the Thermal spa. We book the thermal as soon as we get on. It is great.

http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-JOS-Tour-2.html

We bought a full-cruise pass on our 14-day Serenade cruise in Alaska and I loved it (it worked out to about $5/day pp)! I went every day after coming back from excursions- it was a great place to warm up. My husband really didn't get his money's worth though.

There were 4 heated loungers (my favourite) and we rarely had to wait for one. There was also a communal steam room, sauna room, and aromatherapy steam room (the last one was not my cup of tea). There is also a free sauna and steam room in the spa change rooms but it was nice to be able to sit in these with my husband.

There was also a rain shower in the thermal area but it was pretty cold!

I'm not sure if I would like this for a Caribbean itinerary but it was great the cold weather route!

You might also want to book a Rasul treatment- it's 1-hour in a private steam room with lots of muds to rub all over each other. At the end, the ceiling showers you both off and then there are lotions and other Elemis products to apply.

Happy Anniversary!

• 4 weeks later...

Could I ask a question about those thermal heated loungers? Do they tell you how long to lie on them? What if you fall asleep? I would be afraid someone was waiting and maybe I dozed off? So when people discuss the thermal suites, they are talking about these 4 lounge chairs?

Thanks!

The thermal suite is more than the loungers (there were 5 of them on Serenade). There is also a steam room, what they call a sauna (but it was far too wet in there for me), an aromatherapy room and a couple of showers with I guess "mood" settings - an ice dunk and a tropical one. The ice one is COLD, the tropical feels like a rainstorm.

They do not tell you how long to stay. I've heard of people falling asleep on them. I didn't because it started to get too warm for me after about 20-30 minutes. I went in nearly every day during our week-long cruise and it was never crowded. There were always at least 3 loungers available when I went in, and frequently I was the only one there, even on our only sea day.

We were on the Serenade last January and bought the week long pass. We were only able to use the chairs for a couple of days. People do go in for their naps. Some were camped out for a loooong time. Apparently, if you put enough towels and robes down you can stay awhile! The experience gave a new meaning to the term "chair hogs". :) We finally gave up after a few days of only sauna and steam rooms. Maybe we just had really bad timing. DH said never again.

Have a great cruise.

Pat

I'm not sure if I should post this here or start a new thread.

Does anyone have an idea of the cost of the thermal suite in a 10 night itinerary on the Radianceof the Seas ? Cost per day? Finally, if you book a spa treatment, is the thermal suite available for free the day of the treatment?

Sorry if this is a hijack :(

Thanks in advance,

Cheryl

Archived