Cooking classes?

grosk063

Hi all,

I could not find an answer to this anywhere. But does anyone know if there are any cooking classes available? Maybe a tour of the kitchen? My girlfriend would LOVE a surprise like that. We are on the Valor in a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance!

I am thinking you mean on the ship and not in ports.

The ships with specialty restaurants usually have a cooking demo where they show you how different things are made. Be prepared for an extraordinarily high fat experience.

Some ships have galley tours and some do not. Watch your capers for info.

Thanks folks, yes, sorry to be unclear, but I was thinking if there were any cooking classes offered on the ship itself. I did not remember this last year when we were on the Valor. But I will definitely look in the specialty restaurant to see if we can have a look "behind the scenes".

The Valor and Inspiration both had galley tours on the last Sea Day. I just looked at my Capers for December 2009 Inspiration, and it was at 4PM. We didn't go as we had done it on our previous Inspiration cruise. Huge difference in size between the galleys of the two ships.

I don't remember seeing any cooking demos on Valor - but might have missed it. As others have said, I would expect that to only be on ships with the steakhouse.

We attended a demo on the Freedom last year, in the steakhouse. They handed out samples, and it was not hands on. Also, limited seating, so if you see it in the capers, make your reservation quickly.

As I understand it, they only offer the galley tour to platinum cruisers. Luckily a good friend was platinum so she was able to bring myself and my husband.

Have a great time. What a thoughtful boyfriend!

Archived