WHO was your FAVORITE waiter in MDR?

Cardancer4

Martina on the Pride Aug. 2009. Martina was so personable, always ready to chat a little, yet had the courses served for our group of 12 with exact timing. She made excellent dinner suggestions - just overall the best I've had on my 15 Carnival cruises.

ATD Waiter Luis from Peru on the Legend - so sweet - we had three different waiters our first three nights and ended up back with him on the fourth night, and asked for him each night after that. Always greeted us with "Hello Miss Erin, Hello Mr Andrew" - even at breakfast and lunch.

Edited by erinmarie424

Vincent from Barbados the head waiter and Stanley from India his assistant were magnificent on the Glory in the Golden Dining Room last September. They were so personable and they had their routine down pat. Vincent was one of them that danced on the tables during the entertainment portion and he didn't miss a beat when he was finished. He even gave us recommendations of where to eat when in Nassau. Hope to see one or both of them when I go back on the Glory in November.:D

Martina on the Pride Aug. 2009. Martina was so personable, always ready to chat a little, yet had the courses served for our group of 12 with exact timing. She made excellent dinner suggestions - just overall the best I've had on my 15 Carnival cruises.

I was on the Pride end of July 2009 and Martina was an assistant waitress with Lady D from Thailand. They were my favorite team for the reasons you mentioned. Martina even came over and chatted with us when she was working Lido for lunch and on Half Moon Cay. Lady D came by our cabin the last morning to pick up the room service dishes and say goodbye.

Was Martina a head waitress for you? My group of 6 all wrote that she should be one.

Edited by rcoaster809

We've only been on two cruises so far but I couldn't believe how good Olga was on the Paradise. Best service we have ever had period in my entire life. Found out my kids liked grapes and every day when we showed up for dinner there was a full bowl of grapes already waiting for them. That was just one of the many, many things she did for us. Actually everyone was great on that cruise including the assistant waiter and the bar girl. I couldn't believe she knew me by name. She was serving lots of tables plus working the pool and other bars during the day. Here is a shot of Olga. I wish I knew what her schedule was going to be so we could have her serve us again. I also feel guilty because I didn't really know how tipping worked on cruised until reading about it here. I didn't even know if you were allowed to tip extra in cash. I would have definitely given her a nice extra cash tip. I wish I could find her on facebook or something.

IMG_5551.jpg

Edited by somekevinguy

Cruise # 2 was on the Destiny in 2003. Monica from Romania was the head waiter and no other cruise since ( 6 more after that) could compare with her. We were in a group of 12 and everyone one of us were in tears the last evening as we said goodbye to her. We have always had good service but Monica will forever be our favorite. There was just something so special about her and the way we all seemed to bond the very first night at dinner.:)

Edited by hues_of_blue

Having only been on 2 cruises and the first was in 1992, I don't have a lot to compare, however...we were just on the Miracle 4/29/10. Our head waiter was Aleksandr from Bosnia and the asst waiter was Yra from the Phillipines. They were FANTASTIC! So personable and fun, but also very efficient and quick. They were great with the kids and the adults. We were a group of 12 and we all loved them! When we saw them in the buffet or around the Lido every morning they would always come over to chat for awhile. Often they saw us before we saw them! Oh, and Sam the bar waiter. She was taken with my 3yr old! He adored her too! She was so sweet to my kids...even brought them sodas a couple of times...free.

Albert and Henry ( Fantasy 2008 )

Henry was breadman on left...he was so funny and great with my kids. Albert was main waiter and was great also....definitely a fun bunch! Just ran into Albert again on the Liberty in 2009 while he was bussing the lido deck!

33650019.jpg

Ping Pong on the Liberty. He had a sense of humor not most have or wish to share with the cruisers...AND PLEASE DONT THINK IM TOO TOO NUTZ....but he made sound effects everytime he brought a plate or anything at the table ended with a sound...brought laughter to every table he was waiting close to us....best show in the MDR we ever had.

We had a guy on the Liberty that was good not overly talkative like the rest i have had but also made a like popping sound when he placed the tray down with the food. It was kinda wierd! He did it with his mouth of course.

I can honestly say that the only reason I have a favorite waitress is because I remembered her name. I'm not the type to get friendly with the wait staff. Not that I've some bias against them, just that I don't want to get in the way of them doing their job. I'd hate for my socializing with them to delay the next table down from getting their meals in a timely manner.

David and jerome from the Triumph 07 cruise. They were very efficient and knew us very quickly. We didn't need to make any requests once they knew what we liked and disliked.

Ramona on the Freedom - a very professional and efficient person. She was clearly educated and knowlegable. She quietly took care of us. We sought her out at breakfast and lunch in the other dining room.

Ours have all been fantastic, especially with the kids

2007 - Rolando - Honduras & Edwin - Guatamala on the Valor

2008 - Suma (can't remember nationality) & Maximo - Honduras - Freedom

2009 - Divina and Sam I Am - Liberty

The most memerable momen was Rolando bringing his own disposable camera the last night for his own picture with the boys. Priceless!

Hands down, Victoria from the Carnival Victory~~2009. She was the head waiter.

It was a family cruise and my son proposed to his girlfriend on that cruise. She made everything wonderful. She got the biggest extra tip we have ever left on a cruise. We still talk about her.

Manuel from the Phillipines on the Paradise. He was great. Very professional. I would see him around the ship and we would chat. Our favorite was Andrew Aurellano from the Phillipines on the Elation. He was perfect. Extremely polite. Remembered everyone's preferences. Great guy. Here's a

of him singing. He's the ham in the middle of the screen.

• 1 month later...

William and Milan on the Liberty last month. William was a math teacher in his native Philipines and entertained us nightly with math-related card tricks, toothpick tricks and other math puzzles. He was a truly outstanding waiter too! The highlight was on the last night when my 14 year old daughter stumped him with a trick of her own. :)

Most memorable waiter for us was on our very first Carnival cruise on the Celebration out of New Orleans. He was Remberto from Guatamala. A wonderful waiter with a tremendous personality. We have never forgotten him. Second best was on our last cruise to nowhere on the Ecstasy. He was Anand from India. He was attentive, efficient, and so likeable. A delightful gentleman.

In all fairness, I must admit that we have never had a bad waiter although we have heard stories from other people about them. We have been very lucky.