Zui formal ?

latrn220

Help! My mother is 68 years old and this is her first and last cruise (so she says) and she is panicking over formal wear. Can anyone give us examples, pictures, etc. of what people around her age wear on formal nights. This would decrease her anxiety so much! ;)

Good heavens- why would this be her last cruise at 68? Any one in their 60s is certainly not one of the elders on the ship.

No reason to panic about formal nights. Good grief, she doesn't need to worry about wearing anything overwhelmingly 'formal'. It's not like going to a formal ball. Start with what she would wear to a late afternoon/evening wedding. You will see a little of everything. She might think of a long skirt with maybe a sparkly top or a silk blouse or jacket, a dressy pants suit, or a cocktail type dress- doesn't need to be floor length. I have even seen 'church' dresses, but I think it should be a little dressier than that. It will be a good excuse for her to buy something new if she would like and a good saleswoman will know exactly what she will need for a dress-up dinner. That's all it is.

The important thing is to have fun and I'm sure she will.

Archived