Glory Eastern Itin., Port or Starboard?

aarinsmama

Due to circumstances beyond our control, my husband and I had to cancel our Splendor cruise, which we would have been on right now! We are now looking for a caribbean cruise to make up for the missed one, and we're pretty much settled on the Glory eastern itin to HMC, Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas. This will also be our first balcony, so my question to anyone who has been on the Glory doing this itinerary is: which side should we be looking to book on? Port or starboard? I know that any balcony is a great balcony, but a view of the port and pier might be nice. Thanks!

I have been on Glory and other CCL ships on the Eastern. I would picked port side myself. But there no guarantees that the ship will not back in or go to another side of the doc. So to be honest the location on the deck would be

more important to me rather than the ship side.

Just done this Itin and wondered this before ours also..my thoughts are

HMC= Starboard...all my cruise to HMC they have had the best views.(not saying always)

St Thomas= Portside....Had a great view of the marina, and moutains...although starboard had a great view of the skychair and mountain.

San Jaun= really didnt matter cause the city is in front of you...but I enjoyed being starboard here because you could see some of the fort, the marina, and the rainforest if its a clear day..(a little rainforest)

Grand Turk= Port was best here...with the way you dock..port looks down on the beach and the city.

But like was said before, sometime they dock differ or in a differ berth and have differ views...good luck...with the Eastern all the views r perfect!!:D

Archived