Latitudes Department Service.

CoolCruiser21

I have called NCL before becuase I sailed on the Sea over 3 years ago and never received my Latitude card. Every time I contacted the Resv department I was told it was on its way. A few months ago I spoke with a man named Robert in the Latitudes Dept and he told me he would send me my card. Sure enough 1 week later he had send it to me. I since spoken to that same agent in the Latitudes Department as well as lady named Larisssa and I feel there service always goes beyond the call of duty. I believe that the Reservations dept and the Latitudes desk are two diffrent areas. The prices might be the same for both but the service is not. The majority of the time when I use to contact regular reservations I found most of the agents were rude and in a hurry to get me off the phone. I feel is the opposite when I call the Latitudes Desk. Has anyone else noticed this?

I spoke with Latitudes a couple of weeks ago to acquire a card and the woman I spoke with couldn't have been more helpful. She explained that they had no record of me and asked if I had any proof of passage like receipts,etc. I explained that I last cruised with NCL in 1991 and could show no paper trail, she suggested I could fax a photo as proof. I told her that I had no photos but did have the ship,Starward,itinerary and sailing date plus 2 hours of video and if she could explain how I could fax video I'd gladly send her some footage(LOL). She laughed and asked that I hold while she contacted a supervisor, 5 minutes later she returned with the manager's approval to reinstate me in the program. I thought the service was handled well and she went above and beyond in helping me out.

Calee,the most likely reason that NCL had no record of your Latitude membership is that I don't believe the program was called Latitude in 1991. When I booked the Star for last February I mentioned I had been on NCL previously but no record was found. I searched my records & found an Embark card. This is evidently what Latitude was called previously. When they changed the name all the previous members names must have been erased. Since I found my Embark card I was given all the Latitude perks.

I have called the Latitude dept twice and they were extremely helpful.. And the same with the excursion desk.. I recieved a free 2 catagory upgrade certificate about 6 days after my last cruise but by then had already booked my next one. And it said you had to have it at the time of booking,, But I got a one deck free upgrade after I called inquiring about it..

The Latitudes Department does a real nice job on the ship as well. A representative was available every day in the atrium area on our 9-day Spirit sailing. All of the Latitude activities were well run.

What really sold me..........many of us on the 12/3 sailing did not realize that it was part of a designated 14 day Latitudes Cruise (Spirit's Combo of the Southern and Western Carib). That is until we received a letter about 10 days before sailing advising that we were entitled to a $150 ship board credit. That's classy!!

We sailed in August and got cards in September for myself, DH and one DD, I still have two daughters that haven't received them. I also never received any magazines. Any suggestions?

How old are your daughters? Our kids who have sailed several times do not have them either. If I remember correctly they do not issue them to kids.

I just called about my Lat card a few minutes ago. Staff was very helpful, patient, friendly and mentioned to me that cards are issued to 18yo and above only.

Teila :)

I have called NCL before becuase I sailed on the Sea over 3 years ago and never received my Latitude card. Every time I contacted the Resv department I was told it was on its way. A few months ago I spoke with a man named Robert in the Latitudes Dept and he told me he would send me my card. Sure enough 1 week later he had send it to me. I since spoken to that same agent in the Latitudes Department as well as lady named Larisssa and I feel there service always goes beyond the call of duty. I believe that the Reservations dept and the Latitudes desk are two diffrent areas. The prices might be the same for both but the service is not. The majority of the time when I use to contact regular reservations I found most of the agents were rude and in a hurry to get me off the phone. I feel is the opposite when I call the Latitudes Desk. Has anyone else noticed this?

We also called NCL approx 2 months ago about obtaining a Latitudes card (our last NCL cruise was on the Leeward 7.5 years ago). They said that we didn't receive it because of our changed addresses. They "corrected it" and said I will receive it in the mail in 6-8 weeks. 2 weeks ago, it was still not in our mailbox.

I called the Latitudes department. They were extremely helpful. They had our Latititudes numbers and added it to our reservation (we are setting sail on the Star on Feb 1). They couldn't find any record that our cards were mailed to us. They resent it to us and told us not to worry. They said that they can issue us temporary cards upon embarkation, so we won't miss out on the discounts. They also called Customer Courtesy for us to find out if the ship carried soy milk, (3/4 people in our immediate family are lactose intolerant) which they do.

Sue, my upcoming cruise was 220.00 cheaper than my traveling mates because I am a Latitude member.. And it is not a Latitude designated cruise..

Did you book via phone directly with NCL? The prices I was quoted on their website was the same prices my friend (who isn't a latitudes member) was quoted.

I went thru a TA, but she said my prices were cheaper than my friends because we were Latitude members.. We have cabins across the hall from each other. My price is 1220.00, and my friends price is 1440.00. [For my upcoming cruise.]

Pardon my ignorance Carolyn but if your cabins are across the hall from each other, is one an inside cabin? Maybe that would explain the price difference.

I recieved a certificate from NCL about 6 weeks after my first cruise for a free 2 catagory upgrade, but I had already booked my next cruise.. The certificate said it had to be used upon booking.. I wrote NCL explaining I would have used the certificate if it had not come so late. And was there something they could do since I couldn't use it.. It got me a free one catagory upgrade.. That is when my friends paid for their upgrade. [so we could stay on the same deck.].

Until that point in time, we were side by side [2001 and 2002] and my fare was 220. dollars cheaper. We both booked the same day with the same TA. The TA sent me both reservation comfirmations, I will be happy to email them both to you so you can see I saved 220.00 being a Latitude member..

Before I got my free upgrade, I had my TA call NCL about upgrades for the 2 cabins and it was the same [30.00] for Latitude members and non Latitude members.. So I hope you have better luck..

Archived