Smuggling Booze No More?

sailor44

just curious why no one has thought of this... you get your booze back the last night.. prob at the same time they do turn down and deliver your get off the ship papers and how much money you spent.. thats usually around 8pm.. theres still plenty of time to crack open your own booze at that point and have a GREAT last night :)

Exactly what I was thinking!

The good thing is that you get the booze back!

As far as I can tell, that's the only change. The old one said all extra booze would be discarded with no compensation.

This, in conjunction with the allegedly new luggage thingie might mean a change in the way they search for contraband...booze or otherwise.

Does me no good.. can't travel home on the airplane with a 24 of beer...:(

How would anyone have unsealed containers.. wouldn't it spill everywhere:confused:

I believe this would be in reference to the numbskulls who fill up empty mouthwash bottles, shampoo bottles and other containers with booze trying to "fool" everyone.....

Some of us will do without instead of spending $30 for a $5 bottle of wine. It's just not worth it. It's barely worth the $5, let alone the $30.

I have to agree that if they don't sell enough alcohol on board then they would have to increase their prices.

But...but, a bottle of wine per person IS permitted........:o

I believe this would be in reference to the numbskulls who fill up empty mouthwash bottles' date=' shampoo bottles and other containers with booze trying to "fool" everyone.....[/quote']

I am betting they consider rum runners "unsealed" My guess is anything that isn't in the original liquor bottle still sealed is considered "unsealed" and will be tossed. An original liquor bottle not opened is probably what they will return the last night. Then PARTY IN KRUZNKEL'S CABIN.

They may have just rewritten it. My ticket from the Inspiration last March (page 3 of the pdf file) has a similar statement: "All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

The old one sounds even harsher than the new one - at least the new one says they'll give it back! Maybe someone sued over a destroyed bottle of expensive liquor.

They may have been sued but they won.

They have covered the matter concerning booze. If someone gets caught ignoring the rules that are clearly printed, in English and on the documents, the website, onboard...there'd be no way they would lose.

I have a feeling that things are about to change with regard to booze. Perhaps they are about to start the intense scanning program that NCL has or at least change the way suitcases are checked.

After a couple years reading CC and other cruise forums, I'm sure they have a nice list of all the little tricks and have worked out how to put a stop to them.

One hopes.

Well, I was planning on taking one bottle of vodka, and one bottle of jameson on, so looks like it'll be flasks stuck in the waist band of shorts... the only way they'll find em is if they pat me down

Plastic flasks of course - otherwise you'll set off the metal detector.

What are the considering excessive amounts of non-alcoholic beverages? We usually bring a couple of cases of water on board, i am wondering if that is going to be a problem.

Excessive amounts? I donno - you try to bring 20 cases of water on-board and you start your own water selling business in cabin 8252?? heh.

just curious why no one has thought of this... you get your booze back the last night.. prob at the same time they do turn down and deliver your get off the ship papers and how much money you spent.. thats usually around 8pm.. theres still plenty of time to crack open your own booze at that point and have a GREAT last night :)

Actually, on the Paradise, you had to pick up the liquor you bought on board (or smuggled) on the morning of debarkation, i.e., 6:00 a.m.!:eek:

My husband and I just got off the Carnival Inspiration on Thursday, we were able to bring on a box of wine, and 3 18 packs of beer, had no problem. Our room steward even gave us a cooler to use while on board in our room! ALSO gave him an extra tip on the first day, and he made sure we had plenty of ice in the cooler the WHOLE time we were on board! He was AWESOME!!!!!

When we fly we pack in a smaller suitcase that fits in a bigger suitcase and take them apart when we get to port city and fill the empty suitcase with drinks we want! :D GOOD luck to you all!

[quote name='mlzangel78']just curious why no one has thought of this... you get your booze back the last night.. prob at the same time they do turn down and deliver your get off the ship papers and how much money you spent.. thats usually around 8pm.. theres still plenty of time to crack open your own booze at that point and have a GREAT last night :)[/quote]

Another good reason to do a B2B.

I smuggle with the best of you, however, I think by the tone of this thread it has really gotten out of hand. It is almost like reading a thread by a bunch of teenages and how they got booze by their parents, teachers, bouncers at school dances etc. I always thought I was pretty smart in getting it on board - they knew but just let us get away with it. I think from now on I will also save towards SS card just as I do tipping. I am 56 years old and feel like such a juvenile doing what I do. Will I stop - not until I really have to - will I admit what I do to my children - not bloody likely.

It would be nice if they would sell you a bottle of liquour that you could mix your own drinks for. I wouldn't mind paying $300 for a handle of crown. If they did, I would probably spring for a nice balcony. I just love to watch the water and sunsets. My wife likes to have a glass of wine while she is getting ready as well.

There is a better way.

You can fill empty bottles of saline solution (for contact lenses) with your preferred booze. I suggest you use large bottles and not more than two per pax. And here's a tip regardless of what you're smuggling booze inside of: always pack a small bottle of booze in your luggage. When they find that, they pull it and won't think to search in saline bottles or 8-packs or whatever else you're hiding more booze in.

[quote name='Texas Realtor']It would be nice if they would sell you a bottle of liquour that you could mix your own drinks for. I wouldn't mind paying $300 for a handle of crown. If they did, I would probably spring for a nice balcony. I just love to watch the water and sunsets. My wife likes to have a glass of wine while she is getting ready as well.

There is a better way.[/quote]

Carnival will sell you an overpriced bottle through Bon Voyage.

I wonder if they will now do the same through room service?

[quote name='rnenrick']You can fill empty bottles of saline solution (for contact lenses) with your preferred booze. I suggest you use large bottles and not more than two per pax. And here's a tip regardless of what you're smuggling booze inside of: always pack a small bottle of booze in your luggage. When they find that, they pull it and won't think to search in saline bottles or 8-packs or whatever else you're hiding more booze in.[/quote]
I might try that if I find the rum runners no longer work. I do wear contacts, so hopefully that won't look suspicious.

[quote name='Cigar Dude']This makes sense. The cruise lines have to find a way to get every penny they can. They make a lot of money off alcohol, so the more they catch at embarkation the more they can sell [B]YOU[/B] later! :D[/QUOTE]

and since people post pictures of how they are getting booze online and others post how they are getting their booze onboard you are giving Carnival all the answers.

Seems to be a game of cat and mouse.

Bill

Archived