Going to Magens Bay Beach and want to stop at Drake's Seat

smting

We are going on the NCL Gem tomorrow and it is my first visit to St. Thomas. I know there are other beaches that might be better, but we really want to see Magens Bay beach. Do the shared safari van taxis bring you on a mini-tour before bringing you there? I can't imagine I could ask them to do a detour to bring us there, stop for 10 min to take pix, and then go to the beach with a dozen other people in the van. Are there other options? Private taxis?

Alternatively, the ship's excursion to of Magen's Bay Beach Getaway says "Enjoy a scenic ride to breathtaking Drakes Seat". Does it stop and you get out for a few minutes?

I prefer to go on my own because I want to go to the beach early to beat the crowds. 3 ships in port on Thursday when we get there.

Thanks!

Drake's seat is just about on the way to Magens Bay. Not only will any tour or taxi stop there but you'll probably have to fight for a parking spot. It's basically a scenic overlook of Magens Bay. Definitely worth the look and photo op if you're going to Magens.

Archived