Manzanillo

trvllover

We have not been yet, but will be in Manzanillo on Feb 12. We were interested in the Colonial Tour and the Magic Pueblos Tour. We chose the Magic Pueblos tour. It just seemed more interesting to us. I will let you know when we return.

We did the Colonial Tour a couple years back. I wouldn't call it terribly exciting if that's what you're looking for, but it was very interesting. It was really interesting to see the small authentic/non touristy Mexican towns. We had the most AMAZING Mexican lunch that day. We enjoyed it.

We did the Colonial Tour a couple years back. I wouldn't call it terribly exciting if that's what you're looking for, but it was very interesting. It was really interesting to see the small authentic/non touristy Mexican towns. We had the most AMAZING Mexican lunch that day. We enjoyed it.

Not really looking for "exciting", I've done those things. I want to experience the culture, something interesting, something different. Something real. Not just the beach and shopping.

Thank you so much for your reply! :)

We did the Manzinillo and Barre de Navidad in December...had a great time although a long day...it took us a couple of hours to get to Barre de Navidad because we did a lot of "sight seeing" around Manzinillo before heading to Barre de Navidad. I was truly amazed at how the driver manuvered the bus around some of the small winding streets that we were on...we also stopped at a local fruit stand and sampled different fruits..loved the coconut and the pineapple...they were also selling plastic cups of fruit..you could mix or just ask for one kind, for $1....Barre de Navidad is a quaint small penisula with a bay on one side and the ocean on the other..easily walkable between the two sides..lots and lots of shops...most carrying the same items so be sure and look around before buying the first thing you see...we made the mistake of not doing this and found a place whose starting price was what we had just "bargained" down to :p..oh well lesson learned...anyway the place that we had lunch was nice..it was on the bay side and the food was good...all and all a great day...took just over an hour to get back to the ship..

Archived