Best Way to get from Anchorage Airport to Train Depot

CALMOM

I am staying at the Comfort Inn which is next to the Train Depot. I have heard that Comfort Inn provides a free shuttle but I have also heard they have been known to make you wait 2 hrs at the airport, which I am not interested in. I would rather pay for transportation and get to my hotel in a timely manner so I can start checking out Anchorage, since I fly in at noon and leave the next morning to Whittier for a PWS Tour prior to boarding the Diamond.

Please tell me my options of transportation and the cost. Thanks in advance.

I am staying at the Comfort Inn which is next to the Train Depot. I have heard that Comfort Inn provides a free shuttle but I have also heard they have been known to make you wait 2 hrs at the airport, which I am not interested in. I would rather pay for transportation and get to my hotel in a timely manner so I can start checking out Anchorage, since I fly in at noon and leave the next morning to Whittier for a PWS Tour prior to boarding the Diamond.

Please tell me my options of transportation and the cost. Thanks in advance.

It would be cab and it probably will be in the $25 to $30 range (includes tip). There are no shuttles that run regular service out of the airport.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Thanks, AkSusan. I was wondering if they have like mini van taxi's since there will be 6 of us plus luggage. I guess worse case scenario is take 2 cabs but double the cost.

There are mini van taxis though you might have to wait for one if there isn't one in the taxi line. Still with 6 and luggage you might not even fit in a mini van. All depends on how much luggage.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived