Captain's reception - Carnival

Sassinger

Just curious, I was talking to a few friends and they had mentioned something called the Captain's dinner or reception .. do they have that on the Carnival ships (most specifically, we'll be sailing on the Fascination). And what does that entail? My friends said that they had free drinks for theirs (on various cruise lines within the past several years). And would this also be the "formal" dinner as well?

Thanks for any info you could provide!

Most ships have a reception to meet the captain. You shake ands with him and have your picture taken with him- which you can buy the next day. Waiters walk around with various drinks on their tray handing them out. Usually wine, daquaritis (SP!) & a non alcoholic drink. I've never seen mixed drinks- gin & tonics, scotch & water, etc.

Carnival no long offers free drinks at the Captain's reception. The officers walk around and mingle with the guests in the atrium/lobby areas. They offer $1 off drinks during this time.

They have added a farewell party the last day of the trip which offers the free drinks, although I haven't attended one yet. There is also a reception w/free drinks for past guests.

Archived