Hartley Helmet Dive

lindaandsteve

My husband and I will be going to Bermuda in April and would love to try this but I get very sea sick especially on smaller boats when it sits in water bobbing. I'm fine on the cruise because the ship is large and I wear a patch. But the patch doesn't help on smaller boats. So I'm concerned if I am not in the water the whole time I will get sick. Can anyone tell me iif there is a lot of time on the boat while other people are in the water? I need to know before spending the money if this will be a problem.

Thanks,

Linda P.

looking forward to 30th anniversary cruise

I don't know about this excursion, but do know that my brother swears by seabands when he is a small boat like this.He likes to go deep sea fishing but used to spend most of his time over the side of the boat, but one captain gave those to him and he has been fine ever since. you might want to try those.

We are also thinking of this excursion in April but how cold will the deep water be? Will we need to wear wet suits? Is there alot of sealife to see? How many people do they bring on the boat and how many people go down at once? I would hate to just have to sit there while everyone else goes down if it is more than two groups. Thanks for the answers

We are also thinking of this excursion in April but how cold will the deep water be? Will we need to wear wet suits? Is there alot of sealife to see? How many people do they bring on the boat and how many people go down at once? I would hate to just have to sit there while everyone else goes down if it is more than two groups. Thanks for the answers

The water will be a little chilly. You'll go down about 10-12 feet. Wet suits are provided. And, yes, you will see tons of sea life. The fish there have been trained well. We had about 12 people on the boat; 3 families. Each family went down for about 30-40 minutes. There is a glass bottom section of the boat where you can observe the wildlife while you're waiting your turn.

Archived