Last minute questions about Carnival dining with kids...

2preschoolers

Can anyone tell me if they offer cups with lids for kids? Or do I have to bring my own cups?

Do they have booster chairs?

Are there restrooms in the dining room (My 2 yr old just starting potty training - her choice. haha I was going to wait but she decided 2 wks ago that she wanted to be a big girl.) Sure hope I won't have to rush back to our cabin when she has to go!

Anyone happen to know if they have soy sauce available in the dining room? (And rice, for that matter...) My kids love white rice with soy sauce and hoping they can get that there!

Last - we are a party of 7 (5 adults, 2 kids). Think they will seat us at our own table? Or will we likely be put with a party of 3 to fill up a 10-top table? If we PREFER to just be at our own table, do we just ask them on the first day?

Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me if they offer cups with lids for kids? Or do I have to bring my own cups?

Are there restrooms in the dining room (My 2 yr old just starting potty training - her choice. haha I was going to wait but she decided 2 wks ago that she wanted to be a big girl.) Sure hope I won't have to rush back to our cabin when she has to go!

Anyone happen to know if they have soy sauce available in the dining room? (And rice, for that matter...) My kids love white rice with soy sauce and hoping they can get that there!

Last - we are a party of 7 (5 adults, 2 kids). Think they will seat us at our own table? Or will we likely be put with a party of 3 to fill up a 10-top table? If we PREFER to just be at our own table, do we just ask them on the first day?

Thanks!!

Bring your own sippy or straw cups.

There are restrooms near the restaurant.

They do have booster seats.

I was given a table alone with my family, and there were just 3 of us. I'm sure they'll give you a table for 8 on your own.

Have a great cruise!

Best,

Mia

You'd best bring your own cups. The most I've seen to accommodate kids are straws.

They have high chairs and booster chairs. Like in any restaurant, just ask and one will be brought to the table.

There are restrooms near the dining room.

You may have to ask for it, but they'll bring it for you.

Thanks!!

You'll likely be seated at your own table. If not, and you prefer that, ask, and it'll likely happen.

There's no kids menu with crayons to color on it or anything so you'll have to bring your own. When mine were little I brought crayons and pictures to color. I also brought pen and paper to draw with. Just playing around with the camera and taking pictures occupied them pretty well too. The dinner in the main dining room usually takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours ( there's like four or five courses) which is a long time to sit still for a little kid. One of us usually took the kids to the kids center between the main course and dessert. While one orders dessert for them both the other gets the kids dropped off and returns just in time for a fancy dessert. The kids don't miss out on dessert because we order cookies and milk at bedtime through the free room service (they work for tips). ;)

There's no kids menu with crayons to color on it or anything so you'll have to bring your own. When mine were little I brought crayons and pictures to color. I also brought pen and paper to draw with. Just playing around with the camera and taking pictures occupied them pretty well too. The dinner in the main dining room usually takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours ( there's like four or five courses) which is a long time to sit still for a little kid. One of us usually took the kids to the kids center between the main course and dessert. While one orders dessert for them both the other gets the kids dropped off and returns just in time for a fancy dessert. The kids don't miss out on dessert because we order cookies and milk at bedtime through the free room service (they work for tips). ;)

Good idea regarding dessert! Here's hoping my very shy and clingy 2 yr old will actually go to the kids club. We'll see!

We have been given children's menus and crayons in the past, but I think it is much easier to bring some color wonder - that way nothing gets on the linens. If you have early seating and get in the dining room by 6, you should be through with appetizer and main courses by 7, which is when camp opens back up if the kids aren't eating with them. Our wait staff has always been wonderful and served the kids before they served us, if we asked them to. So, we could be eating our main course while they were having their ice cream. But ususally one of us does run them to camp after dinner while the other orders desserts.

Don't forget - there is ice cream 24/7 - so you can always find that sugar high!

On the Pride:

There are bathrooms "near" the dining room, not in it. On deck 3 where the Anytime dining area is located, you have to walk partway through one of the lounges to get there. You'll have to be very vigilant if your 2 year old does not give you much notice.

In the MDR, the glasses are glass and have short stems. My 4 yo was OK with the glasses but if he were still two, I'd bring a sippy cup for him. You have to ask for straws - everywhere. They are not readily available. We brought some along and then forgot to bring them with us. We've been trying to get the 4 yo used to not using a straw and he was OK, even when we did not remember to ask.

Every night they gave the kids "childrens" menus but the kids only got a little pack of crayons the first night. They were all out of crayons by the 2nd or 3rd night. Of course, we kept forgetting to bring the crayons from night one because we were not usually carrying anything but our S&S cards.

We were a party of 7. We were sometimes 3 or 5 or 6 and we always were given a table by ourselves. We had to wait almost 1/2 hour for a table on cruise elegant night. We went at around 7. We should have gone around 6 or 6:15. Just that one night. The rest of the time we were seated whenever we arrived and always had a table to ourselves.

They had many configurations - 2, 3, 4, 5 6, 7 and 8 and bigger. In the

Your Time/Anytime section, I did not see any parties being asked to sit with another party.

They always brought our kids meals with our appetizers. We had to ask them to bring all the dinners together. Otherwise, we were only halfway through dinner and the kids were done and started getting silly. There is always bread and butter and the kids were happy with that.

If there is a pasta dish on the menu, we found that they would bring us some of that pasta with no sauce and they had plain tomato sauce.

I saw a high chair like you'd find in a restaurant (no tray or anything), just a wooden stool that has leg holes and a seat belt. I did not see a booster seat but was not looking. They never offered one for my 4 year old.

hb5

Archived