Carnival Splendor: Deck 1 or Deck 7?

smariner

We are looking at cruising on the Carnival Splendor, and are looking for a cabin that has the least motion & least noise. Unfortunately, the only choices available are on decks 1, 2 & 8.

• Deck #3 has a lot of activities (theatre, restaraunts, etc)...so, I'm ruling out deck #2 (since I assume that it'll be noisy)
  • On the remaining two decks (deck #1 and #8)--- deck #1 is the lowest passenger deck, and deck #8 is at somewhat a higher level.

Between deck 1 (interior cabin) & deck 8 (balcony cabin)-- which deck would be better from the motion & noise perspective? Price difference is not an issue & I don't really need to have a balcony. Deck plans of this ship are at http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=SL&icid=CC_Carnival Splendor_242

Thanks in advance

We are looking at cruising on the Carnival Splendor, and are looking for a cabin that has the least motion & least noise. Unfortunately, the only choices available are on decks 1, 2 & 8.

• Deck #3 has a lot of activities (theatre, restaraunts, etc)...so, I'm ruling out deck #2 (since I assume that it'll be noisy)
  • On the remaining two decks (deck #1 and #8)--- deck #1 is the lowest passenger deck, and deck #8 is at somewhat a higher level.

Between deck 1 (interior cabin) & deck 8 (balcony cabin)-- which deck would be better from the motion & noise perspective? Price difference is not an issue & I don't really need to have a balcony. Deck plans of this ship are at http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=SL&icid=CC_Carnival Splendor_242

Thanks in advance

Turns out that all the available cabins on deck #8 have a theatre or restaraunt above them. How bad will deck #1 be (from the perspective of motion)?

As far as feeling the least motion, you'll want a mid-ship cabin on Riviera or Main. As far as noise, we've been on Riviera forward (OV) and Main aft (OV) on the Freedom and never heard a thing from outside our cabin. We've had similar cabins on the Triumph with the same regarding noise.

Sorry, I can't give you particulars on the Splendor. That cruise is in a few weeks.

Archived