Silly Question?

Jodiesme

Besides just laying on the beach and soaking up the sun, DH and myself like to walk on the beach. From reading all the boards Paradise Beach sounds wonderful. But it sounds like there is one "beach club" or resort one right after another along the beach. Can you walk along the shoreline crossing over into others beaches without any problem? Or are you limited to how far you can walk. Is it a long beach at Paradise? How far can you walk? Thanks :)

The beaches are owned by the Federal Government and open to all. Beach club owners rent space on the beach known as concessions which allows them to set up restaurants, bathrooms, etc. and also to put out tables, chairs, umbrellas and the like.

Paradise Beach Club is very nice with really clean bathrooms and a good kitchen. But if you want to sample others, you're certainly free to do so. You just waltz north along the beach and you'll come to San Francisco Beach Club right next door and just beyond that another beach club whose name escapes me at the moment its so new. Santa Marcos or something like that???

Another place that's like that is Nachi Cocom beach club which is a stone's throw down the beach from Mister Sanchos. Nachi Cocom has a pretty stiff cover charge last time I was there, however. The other beaches don't but they DO expect you to order drinks and/or food if you're going to use their tables, chairs and bathrooms. Which is only fair, right?

I think Nachi-Cocom might like to see you spend $10pp, but they didn't ask me for anything. I was there to catch the Mayan Paradise Snorkel/Snuba boat, however. I don't know that they enforce all the time. Whatever the minimum, you get to add up not only food and drink, but tax, title, license, insurance and tips to achieve.

I think all of them might have something to say or change policy if busloads started showing up with ice chests and picnic baskets and not spend a dime. They are all businesses that share the same beach.

Oh, how heavenly that sounds....live music! We aren't going to bail out on you Tom, PB still gets our group, but some local music (okay, I really prefer the steel drum, calypso music) would be equally as nice!

Going to Walmart this week to get chunky soup and instant pudding for Solita. Twelve more days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so lucky to have all these cyber friends! Or I guess you are more like cyber elves!!! I haven't been able to get out to Paradise Beach often during the week due to yuck, the "W" word...WORK. But hit the sand to soak up sun last Sunday. The only bad part about going on Sunday's is no Tom. Thanks for the pudding in advance!

jblair...we did have live music when we 1st opened, but it was such a bad year for Nortes (Northers/cold fronts) sweeping through here and killing business, that we had to let them go after a couple, 3(?) months. We just weren't making enough to justify the cost of a 5 man band. Anyhoo... I guess I'll see you guys soon!

Archived