Ft. Lauderdale Hotel

puffer46

Has anyone recently stayed at the Holiday Inn,Lauderdale by the Sea n Beach? I understand it has had a much needed make over. Looking into a hotel for pre and post cruise and that hotel is near the ocean and about half way between airport and cruise terminal. Appreciate any input on this hotel.

Its a little past its prime...I'd think twice about it. ;)

Bequia, I see you are from that area. Do you have any suggestions for a decent hotel within walking distance of the ocean that won't cost an arm AND a leg. We have a small group going and will need 6-7 rooms. Thanks. Linda

Linda, two questions...what time of the year are you coming down and have you considered Hollywood Beach?

Bequia, We are going on the new Carnival Liberty on Feb. 4th,2006.Even though we have a year I'm looking now because I'm the group leader and there are several in the group who want to go a day early and a day after the cruise. I will check into Hollywood beach and see what I can find. Thanks Linda

Linda,

I always book my hotels 6 to 9 months in advance on Priceline in Ft.Lauderdale. I choose 3* Ft.lauderdale beach zone and bid $52.00. For the last 3 cruises I stay night before and night after cruise. On all three occasions I have received the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. It is right on the beach with 2 pools, several bars, entertainment and restaurants. It is a lot of fun and not stuffy or snooty. It's a laid back Ft. lauderdale resort hotel for vacationers.

You can go to www.tripadvisor.com and punch in Ft.Lauderdale hotels and see reviews on this hotel and many others.

Just a short walk down the beach is Beach Place on A1A also Ft.Lauderdale. Lots of 2nd and 3rd story open air fun restaurants and bars overlooking the beach including Sloppy Joes, Blue Moon, Margarita's, Hooters and many many more. It's a fun spot along the boardwalk and at night it becomes very lively!

I wish you luck!

Jonathan

Jonathan, Thank you for the info. on the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. I checked out the hotel on a couple of sites and it looks really nice. The price I found on those sites were for $200.00 plus. I can't believe you got it for $52.00. I need to find out more about Priceline!!!!! I have never used it but maybe I had better learn. Thanks again. Linda

Jonathan, Thank you for the info. on the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. I checked out the hotel on a couple of sites and it looks really nice. The price I found on those sites were for $200.00 plus. I can't believe you got it for $52.00. I need to find out more about Priceline!!!!! I have never used it but maybe I had better learn. Thanks again. Linda

puffer - go to betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com. There is a wealth of info there on Priceline and Hotwire. You shouldn't bid without going there first. I got the Pier 66 for $95 which is a 4* beach zone PL hotel - not on the beach though. The room rate on the internet when I bid was $315 per night. Good luck.

How many rooms would you need? Priceline only allows you to bid on 4 rooms at a time.

Archived