Formal nights

chrob

Can anyone tell me how many formal and semi formal nights there on the Oasis and which nights thsy are?

Two formal nights and one smart casual night. The smart casual night caught me by surprise as I've become accustomed to RCI not having that on the caribbean cruises.

On our cruise, I was in the minority when I wore my tux. Most men were dressed in suits or sports coats. It sort of defeated the purpose of "smart casual" night as men were dressed more for smart casual night on the formal nights. Next cruise I'll take my suit, dress shirts and ties and a sports coat rather than my tux. I actually felt a little over dressed in my tux for the first time ever when on a cruise. There just weren't that many people really dressed up this time.

Two formal nights and one smart casual night. The smart casual night caught me by surprise as I've become accustomed to RCI not having that on the caribbean cruises.

On our cruise, I was in the minority when I wore my tux. Most men were dressed in suits or sports coats. It sort of defeated the purpose of "smart casual" night as men were dressed more for smart casual night on the formal nights. Next cruise I'll take my suit, dress shirts and ties and a sports coat rather than my tux. I actually felt a little over dressed in my tux for the first time ever when on a cruise. There just weren't that many people really dressed up this time.

Aw its a shame no one dresses up for formal nights!!! Everyone who gets all formal looks soo good!! Could you imagine if the whole ship dressed up!? I always like to see the men in suits and tux! I think you should wear it still and put the rest of the men to shame.... Thats just my opinion..

Sorry ahead of time if I offened anyone... i've seen what this discussion does to people! lol :rolleyes::o

What night is the smart casual night?

I don't recall but, as mentioned above, smart casual night was a joke. It was really just another casual night. I know that I wasn't anticipating it and did not bring either a suit or a sports coat. I had my tux for formal nights but nothing dressier than slacks and polo shirts for the remainder of the nights. In reality, both formal nights were more like smart casual night.

Thanks for all the replys. Another thread shows the Cruise Compass for each day and that indicates apart from the 2 formal nights all other nights are casual.

Anyone else remember which night was the smart casual night? Need to decide whether to pack a suit as well as the tux.

My husband and I always follow the dress codes on cruises and enjoy getting dressed up (and yes, it bothers us when others don't). We were very disappointed that people did not follow the dress codes and dressed very casually on Oasis of the Seas. This was particularly a problem in the specialty restaurants, where the dress code is smart casual, which means a jacket for men. Even in 150 Central Park and at the Chef's Table, pepole were dressed too casually and not following the dress codes. My husband wore a jacket and I wore a dress. There were men in polo shirts, Hawaiian shirts, T-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, etc., and women in capris, shorts, jeans, etc., even in 150 Central Park and at the Chef's Table. We were so disappointed that Royal Caribbean staff did not enforce the dress codes. People dressed too casually should be turned away from the specialty restaurants, particularly 150 Central Park and the Chef's Table. Or at the very least, RCI should keep extra jackets on hand for the men who show up without jackets. If RCI is not going to enforce the dress codes, then they should get rid of them. They should either enforce the dress codes, or do what Norwegian and Carnival have done and make it totally casual every night with the option of getting dressed up on certain nights.

my husband and i always follow the dress codes on cruises and enjoy getting dressed up (and yes, it bothers us when others don't). We were very disappointed that people did not follow the dress codes and dressed very casually on oasis of the seas. This was particularly a problem in the specialty restaurants, where the dress code is smart casual, which means a jacket for men. Even in 150 central park and at the chef's table, pepole were dressed too casually and not following the dress codes. My husband wore a jacket and i wore a dress. There were men in polo shirts, hawaiian shirts, t-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, etc., and women in capris, shorts, jeans, etc., even in 150 central park and at the chef's table. We were so disappointed that royal caribbean staff did not enforce the dress codes. People dressed too casually should be turned away from the specialty restaurants, particularly 150 central park and the chef's table. Or at the very least, rci should keep extra jackets on hand for the men who show up without jackets. If rci is not going to enforce the dress codes, then they should get rid of them. They should either enforce the dress codes, or do what norwegian and carnival have done and make it totally casual every night with the option of getting dressed up on certain nights.

i agree!!!! :d

I don't recall but, as mentioned above, smart casual night was a joke. It was really just another casual night. I know that I wasn't anticipating it and did not bring either a suit or a sports coat. I had my tux for formal nights but nothing dressier than slacks and polo shirts for the remainder of the nights. In reality, both formal nights were more like smart casual night.

I too wasn't epecting the 1 smart casual night ad wasn't as prepared but I did wear slacks and a nice top which still would have been appropriate but my Husband just had slacks and polo shirts with the exception of dress for Formal nights. Even Holland America has just Formal and Casual nights. I know Celebrity has semi formal, casual and formal nights. This may have caught some people unawares. However shorts were another story entirely.

My husband and I always follow the dress codes on cruises and enjoy getting dressed up (and yes, it bothers us when others don't). We were very disappointed that people did not follow the dress codes and dressed very casually on Oasis of the Seas. This was particularly a problem in the specialty restaurants, where the dress code is smart casual, which means a jacket for men. Even in 150 Central Park and at the Chef's Table, pepole were dressed too casually and not following the dress codes. My husband wore a jacket and I wore a dress. There were men in polo shirts, Hawaiian shirts, T-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, etc., and women in capris, shorts, jeans, etc., even in 150 Central Park and at the Chef's Table. We were so disappointed that Royal Caribbean staff did not enforce the dress codes. People dressed too casually should be turned away from the specialty restaurants, particularly 150 Central Park and the Chef's Table. Or at the very least, RCI should keep extra jackets on hand for the men who show up without jackets. If RCI is not going to enforce the dress codes, then they should get rid of them. They should either enforce the dress codes, or do what Norwegian and Carnival have done and make it totally casual every night with the option of getting dressed up on certain nights.

The reason they don't enforce the dress code is because there is no dress code other than no bare feet, no swim suites, no tank tops and no caps for dinner. I consider it unfortunate that I'm in the minority that enjoys it when everyone dresses up but, RCI wants everyone to feel included. Therefore there is simply a suggestion but no actual dress code.

The reason they don't enforce the dress code is because there is no dress code other than no bare feet, no swim suites, no tank tops and no caps for dinner. I consider it unfortunate that I'm in the minority that enjoys it when everyone dresses up but, RCI wants everyone to feel included. Therefore there is simply a suggestion but no actual dress code.

I know you're right. But I don't think the way RCI gives a "suggested dress code" is very clear or effective. I think they should just word it the way Carnival and Norwegian do if it's just a suggestion that they don't expect anyone to follow.

And while it is "suggested" for the main dining room, I thought that it was actually required for the specialty restaurants. No? Even if it's not, I don't understand why someone would book 150 Central Park or the Chef's Table if they didn't want to dress up. If they wanted to dress casually, why didn't they just eat in the main dining room or the Windjammer or one of the casual specialty restaurants. It was so odd seeing people dressed like that in those two very formal venues.

Archived