Downtown Bridgetown- small dance floor/bar

cruzwpj

When we visited downtown Bridgetown several years ago, we happened on a small bar that had a piano player and a guitarist and there was a really cool dance floor for about 5 or 6 couples, it was so enjoyable and we would love to stop in again for a drink after a beach day while we are in port on our cruise. If anyone has any idea what I am referring to, this would thrill me to pieces. Thanks alot,

MyVal

When we visited downtown Bridgetown several years ago, we happened on a small bar that had a piano player and a guitarist and there was a really cool dance floor for about 5 or 6 couples, it was so enjoyable and we would love to stop in again for a drink after a beach day while we are in port on our cruise. If anyone has any idea what I am referring to, this would thrill me to pieces. Thanks alot,

MyVal

It used to be called LIMELIGHT bar its now called Bump and Wine(same owner) and yes it is still open.

If you head due south across the footbridge from the main square, on your right is Bridge House, there are several bars here with a view of the bridge, one of them is big enough for a dance floor but have only been in daytime, so don't know about night activity.

This can all be seen on Google Earth, plus photo's of wharf, but this area has been tarted up lately, so may not be as you remember it.

The location you are describing tells me it is probably the same place. It is at street level and there is a bridge you can see from it. There are also a few local vendors at the "foot" of the bridge.You will also now see the new boardwalk in your view now.

It is actually a straight walk along the boardwalk once you exit the port. Its about 10 to 15 minutes from the port depending on how fast you walk.

If your hubby remembers anything else, please feel free to post.

:)We will explore and hope to find it again, since it has been several years since we have been there we probalby won't even recognize it. The boardwalk was not there when we went last time. Regards

Marcia

Not a problem. That area has gone through quite a few changes in recent years but you will probably still recognize it.

Cheers

Archived