Questions about Itinerary Changes

ilycam

My husband & I are booked on our first cruise 4/17/05, Golden Princess and yesterday when I went into the cruise personalizer to book shore excursions I noticed a change in the itinerary. Originally we were scheduled to visit Barbados as our first port but now it is showing St Lucia as our first port and Barbados second. Does this happen often? I'm considering booking a tour with Frank in St Lucia but now I'm concerned that the Itinerary could change again. Anyone know why these changes take place and how often?

Thanks

Carol

Itineraries can be changed for a variety of reasons, and it seems to be more frequent in recent months. Your time in port might also be altered. I think that most of the experienced and reputable tour operators are aware of the changes and do their best to adjust to the changes. If you book private tours, make sure that you take their e-mail address with you so that you can notify the operator of changes if you find out after you've boarded the ship. Personally, I would not book a private tour unless the operator has a hold-harmless policy if there are changes beyond your control.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it is pretty common to swap islands. We did last year by going to St Lucia before Barbados because the QE2 was going to be in Barbados the same day as our ship, and they didn't want that many people in port on the same day. It worked out fine.

Diamond Princess 2/12/05

Jewel of the Seas

Seranade of the Seas

Norwegian Sea

Golden Princess

Explorer of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Carnival Conquest

Enchantment of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas

Sun Princess

Dawn Princess