Oasis - Cruise in Review

cruisingator2,

Thanks for posting great photos of Oasis of the Seas. What's your opinion on all the pre-planning that must be done to ensure you have reservations for shows and dinner? Alot of people are complaining because this planning effort takes the fun out of doing whatever you want when you want to onboard a cruise.

Also when reserving shows, can someone reserve enough seats for say, a group of 10? Or must each individual reserve a seat themselves?

Thanks for your help!

I don't have an issue with having to make reservations for the shows and don't see the big deal. On the other ships, you only have one evening for the show. RCI is giving you more times/nights to choose from. It's not rocket science to figure it out. I liked it. I think that some people don't like change and also some just like to complain about nothing.;)

I think that you can reserve for the amount that are on your reservation.

I was able to book reservations for all the shows for our group of 4 (two different bookings) no problem. I would rather just go to a show at the last minute, but if this keeps the crowd control in order than I think it is a good idea. Also it will probably keep me trying more shows than just thinking I am tired and wanting to go to bed early :)

cruisingator2,

Thanks for posting great photos of Oasis of the Seas. What's your opinion on all the pre-planning that must be done to ensure you have reservations for shows and dinner? Alot of people are complaining because this planning effort takes the fun out of doing whatever you want when you want to onboard a cruise.

Also when reserving shows, can someone reserve enough seats for say, a group of 10? Or must each individual reserve a seat themselves?

Thanks for your help!

I just commented on this on another post but I don't like the pre-planning myself, although I still reserved shows. I just didn't show up to a few because I am a spontaneous person and when I lingered too long in Vintages, laughing and drinking good wine with friends, it became more important to my experience to not stop what I was doing to rush off to a show I booked days before. I stayed in the moment.

Now, if I had purchased TICKETS, that would be a whole 'nuther story! ;)

We felt the same way. This is very different from the typical cruise in review DVD. At the beginning, it didn't even give the date and sailing number. Just another Oasis of the Seas advertisement, which is crazy because you've already been on the ship!

Archived