Cambria Suites - FLL

auggiemom

Anyone stay here yet? I got a 99.00 a night for a 2 bedroom suite deal...is it too good to be true? Looks to be a nice place? Does anyone know if they have transportation from the airport and to the port?

I'm booked there in March. They have a shuttle to and from the airport and to the cruise port. How did you get that rate and when is it that you are going? My rate is a little more for a one bedroom suite. Not sure what is close by in the way of restaurants or liquor stores but would love to hear from someone who has stayed there as well as a picture of their pool area. It is brand new and sounds nice anyways.

I booked directly through their website for May 7th. Please post when you get back and let us know what you thought. I talked to their staff today when I called and asked about an airport shuttle and port shuttle, and the person I talked to was not very courteous. I hope its different when your face to face as this almost made me cancel my reservation.

I have only corresponded with them through e-mail. They answered quickly and seemed upbeat. Maybe since they have only been open a couple of weeks the staff is being overun with phone calls. I hope someone else can verify their experience there before I stay because I wouldn't want to be disappointed.

Not very courteous is putting it mildly...

I am in the midst of a booking problem with them... I also booked a 2 bedroom suite, on the choicehotels.com website. I have a printed confirmation, showing a 2 BEDROOM suite for 4 people, however, the GM of the hotel is refusing to honor it... saying it is not available. I'm sorry if the website allowed me to book it if it wasn't available, but they should offer us 2 one bedroom suites (we are two adult couples traveling together and do not want to share a room). He offered us one room with two queen beds (at the same rate!).

I have spoken to "customer relations" at Choice Hotels and they insist I will be taken care of. They personally spoke with the GM and he was supposed to call me to resolve the issue... LAST Friday. He still hasn't called. I will call customer relations back (they were very helpful by the way), but I will probably end up cancelling. I'm afraid I will be treated horribly because the GM is angry that I booked the suite that is not available. Yes, angry! I spoke with him 3 times before I called customer relations... he was beyond RUDE!

When speaking to him the last time, I had my printed confirmation in hand and it clearly states 2 BEDROOM. He acknowledged it at first, then had the nerve to tell me that NO, my reservation is for a King suite, then e-mailed a confirmation (while we were on the phone) showing a reservation for a King suite. For 4 people??? He actually went in and changed the room type. Customer relations is aware of and confirmed what I actually have booked. They even faxed a copy to the GM, so he really can't deny it.

The problem is, we are traveling with an elderly couple in their 80s and I do not want to encounter any problems once we arrive after a day of travel. We leave in 3 weeks and I'm really having trouble finding anything else at a reasonable rate, so I don't know what to do. I'm just afraid we will really be treated badly.

I also asked about the shuttle to the pier and the GM told me they will take us when they could... I could not request a time. That also worries me as I would like to arrive in time to have lunch on the ship.

Good luck to anyone with a reservation... I hope no one encounters the problem I did. It looks like a nice place and I wanted to stay there. Apparently customer service is not high on their priority list. Our rate is $149.00... putting us in 2 rooms for the same rate seems like a simple thing to do to promote positive recommendations. Instead, they have a very unhappy customer... and potential loss of business.

I will gladly post a retraction if the issue is resolved in a positive manner.

Maybe they were having a bad day when I called, but yes, it's all true. I'm actually a nice person and avoid conflict, but this experience was ridiculous. No way should I have been treated that way because I booked a room that was offered as available. What did I do to deserve being yelled at and lied to?

Anyway, I'm glad you had no problems. I don't blame you for looking forward to your stay. Enjoy.

Now you have me kinda freaked, as my husband and I are travelling with my mom, and I would hate to get there and have them say we don't have a two bedroom. I also booked online at Choicehotels.com and received a confirmation back. Maybe I need to call again, and see if it is confirmed. Otherwise, its kinda silly. If we have to pay for two rooms, then I might as well find something with a suite right on the beach instead and split that cost. I'll let you know when I call them today and find out what they tell me. My fear is they are advertising/selling these, but maybe they don't even have two bedrooms....

From what I understand, they have ONE of this type of unit (2 bedrooms with common living room). I am not positive about this. I hope your reservation is correct and you don't have a problem. I only called to re-confirm so that I felt confident we were getting what my reservation stated. I didn't want to arrive in the evening with two elderly people, after several hours of travel, then have a problem. As I said, I can't help it if the reservation site showed a room they did not have. The hotel should have handled it in a polite way, not making it a shouting match. Especially since I spoke directly with the GM... he should most definitely have pleased the customer. He should have found some way to resolve the issue while being pleasant and polite. ONE sleeping area for four adults is not acceptable in this situation and at the same rate, no less. He made a terrible first impression. And now, he hasn't even called me back as promised. My husband said I should just cancel and I think he's right. I'll call customer relations to do so. Perhaps they can assist me wth another location. Yes, please let me know the result of your phone call. Hopefully, no one has the same experience I did.

I am looking at my printed reservation right now.... It clearly states "2 Bedroom Suite". And specifies "2 King Beds".

Not very courteous is putting it mildly...

I am in the midst of a booking problem with them... I also booked a 2 bedroom suite, on the choicehotels.com website. I have a printed confirmation, showing a 2 BEDROOM suite for 4 people, however, the GM of the hotel is refusing to honor it... saying it is not available. I'm sorry if the website allowed me to book it if it wasn't available, but they should offer us 2 one bedroom suites (we are two adult couples traveling together and do not want to share a room). He offered us one room with two queen beds (at the same rate!).

I have spoken to "customer relations" at Choice Hotels and they insist I will be taken care of. They personally spoke with the GM and he was supposed to call me to resolve the issue... LAST Friday. He still hasn't called. I will call customer relations back (they were very helpful by the way), but I will probably end up cancelling. I'm afraid I will be treated horribly because the GM is angry that I booked the suite that is not available. Yes, angry! I spoke with him 3 times before I called customer relations... he was beyond RUDE!

When speaking to him the last time, I had my printed confirmation in hand and it clearly states 2 BEDROOM. He acknowledged it at first, then had the nerve to tell me that NO, my reservation is for a King suite, then e-mailed a confirmation (while we were on the phone) showing a reservation for a King suite. For 4 people??? He actually went in and changed the room type. Customer relations is aware of and confirmed what I actually have booked. They even faxed a copy to the GM, so he really can't deny it.

The problem is, we are traveling with an elderly couple in their 80s and I do not want to encounter any problems once we arrive after a day of travel. We leave in 3 weeks and I'm really having trouble finding anything else at a reasonable rate, so I don't know what to do. I'm just afraid we will really be treated badly.

I also asked about the shuttle to the pier and the GM told me they will take us when they could... I could not request a time. That also worries me as I would like to arrive in time to have lunch on the ship.

Good luck to anyone with a reservation... I hope no one encounters the problem I did. It looks like a nice place and I wanted to stay there. Apparently customer service is not high on their priority list. Our rate is $149.00... putting us in 2 rooms for the same rate seems like a simple thing to do to promote positive recommendations. Instead, they have a very unhappy customer... and potential loss of business.

I will gladly post a retraction if the issue is resolved in a positive manner.

That rate does seem to be for a 2 bedroom suite. My rate for March is $125.00 for a 2 queen bed suite. I had the same thing happen in Miami at the Summerfield Suites. We had booked a 2 bedroom suite for 4 people. After driving all the way from Canada and arriving really tired we were given the same run around. They even told us that they didn't have 2 bedroom suites. Found out from guests staying there that they did indeed have that type of accomodation. One person ended up sleeping on a couch and the other on the floor because we had no choice at that point. No reduction on our rate either. Not staying there again! Make sure you get this straight before you leave home! I hope it works out for my husband and I but then it is only the two of us.

I am not sure what you folks want to save, however, one can get the Embassy Suites on 17th street in March for $175 + taxes = $195 per night. They offer a full breakfast included as well as a 2 hour complementary cocktail 2 hours. It is about a $15 taxi from the FLL airport and about $10 to the port depending on which pier your ship is at. It is listed as a 3.5 star but, IMHO, is better than some of the 4 star I have stayed at for more $'s and no bfast or cocktails.

Your choice, just my recommendation.

I am not sure what you folks want to save, however, one can get the Embassy Suites on 17th street in March for $175 + taxes = $195 per night. They offer a full breakfast included as well as a 2 hour complementary cocktail 2 hours. It is about a $15 taxi from the FLL airport and about $10 to the port depending on which pier your ship is at. It is listed as a 3.5 star but, IMHO, is better than some of the 4 star I have stayed at for more $'s and no bfast or cocktails.

Your choice, just my recommendation.

We are currently booked there and at Cambria, but we can stay at Cambria for about half the price...that is a BIG deal. We will probably cancel Embassy but I am really not sure at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
From what I understand, they have ONE of this type of unit (2 bedrooms with common living room). I am not positive about this. I hope your reservation is correct and you don't have a problem. I only called to re-confirm so that I felt confident we were getting what my reservation stated. I didn't want to arrive in the evening with two elderly people, after several hours of travel, then have a problem. As I said, I can't help it if the reservation site showed a room they did not have. The hotel should have handled it in a polite way, not making it a shouting match. Especially since I spoke directly with the GM... he should most definitely have pleased the customer. He should have found some way to resolve the issue while being pleasant and polite. ONE sleeping area for four adults is not acceptable in this situation and at the same rate, no less. He made a terrible first impression. And now, he hasn't even called me back as promised. My husband said I should just cancel and I think he's right. I'll call customer relations to do so. Perhaps they can assist me wth another location. Yes, please let me know the result of your phone call. Hopefully, no one has the same experience I did.

I am looking at my printed reservation right now.... It clearly states "2 Bedroom Suite". And specifies "2 King Beds".

Have you gotten this straightened out? I'm curious about the service since we're booked there in April.

Anyone stay here yet? I got a 99.00 a night for a 2 bedroom suite deal...is it too good to be true? Looks to be a nice place? Does anyone know if they have transportation from the airport and to the port?

Are you sure you don't mean $99/bedroom? that is the price I have been quoted for a 2 brm suite on Jan1.

The price was 99.00 for the two bedroom suite. I still have the reservation, but I don't think we are going to stay there anymore. The customer service thus isn't up to par. I have also made a reservation at the Gallery One Doubletree for a two bedroom suite. Although more expensive, its right on the water taxi route and within walking distance to a mall and restaurants. I guess after the others experience on here and not being getting what they have been promised, its not really worth the trouble. I definately don't want to get there and have a problem. My mother is coming with my husband and I, and although we all love each other very much, it would be a rather uncomfortable situation with all of us in the same room/bathroom etc. That is just us though.

Have you gotten this straightened out? I'm curious about the service since we're booked there in April.

I hope so... we arrive on Feb. 19th, but I'm very nervous about it.

Customer relations dealt with the manager. He then sent me two e-mail confirmations... each exactly the same with the rate at half the rate I had for the 2 bedroom. It easily looked like only one reservation (same confirmation #) for one K suite for 4 people. If I took the two printed confirmations, I was concerned they would say I just printed it twice. I called the hotel direct and the young lady I spoke with confirmed verbally that it was for two rooms. She did change one of the confirmations to our friends' name and changed the number to 2 guests on each reservation. I'm hoping for the best, but it appears the hotel is sold out that night.

I am typing this from the Cambria Hotel ..............The shuttle Van picked us up in less then 10 min........was very courteous.........we got to the hotel it is a little bit off the main street........Very clean and freah....what do u expect it is brand new........Check in was a breeze........the room is very nice........The shuttle driver even took us to a liquor store and back to the hotel............we had dinner at the hotel......not a big menu but it was fine and the food was good.............We signed up for the shuttle to the port.......they start at 9am and go every hour until 3pm.........I wll let you know how that goes tomorrow...............so far everyone has been very helpful and nice...................

I am typing this from the Cambria Hotel ..............The shuttle Van picked us up in less then 10 min........was very courteous.........we got to the hotel it is a little bit off the main street........Very clean and freah....what do u expect it is brand new........Check in was a breeze........the room is very nice........The shuttle driver even took us to a liquor store and back to the hotel............we had dinner at the hotel......not a big menu but it was fine and the food was good.............We signed up for the shuttle to the port.......they start at 9am and go every hour until 3pm.........I wll let you know how that goes tomorrow...............so far everyone has been very helpful and nice...................

This is great to hear. We are staying here 4 weeks from tonight and then again the following Sat when we return from our cruise.

The bed was very comfortable........the shower was great......

Breakfast Buffet they charge $8.00 for it..........It is what alot of the hotels give for free........wasn't that impressed........but didn't pick this hotel because of the food........but when you think about it paying $99.00 a night when the other hotels are at least double that......It is still a real good deal and a lovely hotel...........

The pool is not indoors it is an out door pool.....very clean lots of lounge chairs...........no life guard.......

okay getting ready for the shuttle to the port will let you all know how that went later...........

hope this puts some of you at ease.......

Jodi

The bed was very comfortable........the shower was great......

Breakfast Buffet they charge $8.00 for it..........It is what alot of the hotels give for free........wasn't that impressed........but didn't pick this hotel because of the food........but when you think about it paying $99.00 a night when the other hotels are at least double that......It is still a real good deal and a lovely hotel...........

The pool is not indoors it is an out door pool.....very clean lots of lounge chairs...........no life guard.......

okay getting ready for the shuttle to the port will let you all know how that went later...........

hope this puts some of you at ease.......

Jodi

Thanks for the review!

Well now I have 2 hotels booked for the same night :eek: I just booked Hyatt Place North after reading Alpha Kitty's review and seeing her pics. It's a little more expensive but includes breakfast and it seems to be in a better location...close to stores, restaurants, etc. BUT - it's not new like Cambria :rolleyes:

Jodi - I am interested to see how the port shuttle worked out for you.

Just returned from our cruise and we stayed here during SuperBowl weekend. Booked a room for 6 for 299.99 plus taxes and fees. Our bill was over 700.00 when we left. That did include breakfast for 1 morning for 4 adults and 2 children. I agree that its the same breakfast you get at Embassy suites for free, and the rooms at embassy are much roomier. It was a very nice hotel,but then again its brand new so ofcourse its going to be nice. beer at the bar was 6.00 or so. Sorry I don't know the exact but its more then RCI prices.I didn't order them, my husband did, and he never complains about prices but he did make it a point to mention the high beer prices. They have a small sign tucked away and sorta hard to find because the new one hadn't arrived. I would stay there again, but only if I couldn't get embassy. I like being on 17th street, and plenty of shopping centers in walking distance.The free shuttle is a plus for Camria, although we didn't use it because we rented a car for the weekend. Hope this heps!Forgot to mention 1 thing we paid for a suite for 6, but it was only 1 bedroom with 2 queens and a pull out sofa in the living room.

The shuttle to the port was great..........We had a 10 am time slot....They have 2 vans that Drop off/ Pick up at the pier .....we left the hotel by 10:10 and by 10:30 my luggage was in the luggage bins at the pier and we were walking through check-in at the cruise terminal.............

Also let me just say that we did not eat the food at the hotel.........But we did order food from a very delicious Italian Restaurant ( the front desk has menus from places that deliver .......and we sat at the tables by the restuarant and ate with no problems the waitress's were even talking with us and other guest about the Olympics............

I really think if you stay at this hotel you will be happy..............and just remember you can't please everyone all of the time............

Enjoy

Jodi

Archived