Carnival Freedom Review- Jan 16,2010

bchbum641

I am going to try this but am usually lonnngggggg winded so I will do a little at a time so I don't get overwhelmed- I'm ADHD so this happens easily!:D

1/15/2010- arrived in FLL- stayed at the Candlewood Suites FLL- They had a free shuttle from the airport and also to the port in the AM. We met a group of others we were cruising with in the PM. Went to the HardRock Hollywood- for drinks--- of course!!! That was quite a nice place- lots of things to do there.

1/16/2010- Went down for the free shuttle at 10am- missed the 1st shuttle and waited till maybe 10:45 for a shuttle. They seemed to be going over to the holiday inn express next door first. We ended up getting on the ship by noon or so-- can't remember exactly. We ate-- I got some food from the salad bar. I loved the salad bar. Plus some bread and a few other things. Everything was good. We had a group of mostly firefighters and well we all get a little rowdy. Hope we didn't bother anyone but we sure had fun!! Started on the funship drinks-- ..............We didnt got to the dinner that night because we are from Indiana and had to watch the Colts game in the sports bar. We brought our own liquor in our checked bags- and we stilll ended up stending quite a bit on the ship drinks too. We had pizza after the game and went dancing later. Probably went to bed around 1 or so. That was an early night for my husband and I:eek:

I want to post some pics but not sure how--

Sat, 1/16/2010- I forgot to add here that we went to the spa tour and I ended up winning a facial!! Awesome!! So I got that done later in the day before dinner. It was nice but I would never pay the 149 they were asking for the facial:eek: All of our bags arrived before dinner.

Sunday, 1/17/2010- Day at sea-- I still woke up pretty early- for going to bed so late... Went out and got a banana and went for a jog on the track about 8am. Ran a few miles and it started to drizzle a bit so I went in. Hubby was up by now so we went to the gym. I rode the bike and then we went to have breakfast and get a spot at the pool. It was a bit cloudy but still warm enough to hang out by the pool. Went to the salad bar for lunch -- had to make myself eat something. Drinking foofoo drinks all day make me not so hungry but knew I needed to eat. We did the routine we have in the past... Went back to the cabin around 5ish for a nap before dinner. We had the late seating- 8:15. Went to dinner then dancing and bed-- late again.

Monday, 1/18/2010- Cozumel- got off the ship soon after porting and found a cabby who had a van so our group of 10 could go. Charged us 200 with enterance into plancar beach. We stopped off at a 7-11 for some beverages. Mostly beer! He took us by the dolphins and we looked through the fence and saw them swimming in the pool. Next, to the first- hardrock- it was the worlds smallest hard rock in the world. Stopped off at margaritaville for some great pics, then to the other hard rock- just to check it out. Driver then took us to the "wild side" of the island to a bar called Cocunuts. It was a lot of fun and very beautiful. This is where we saw one of our waiters from the pool and the bar manager. Primo - is what we called him- He had a longer name but that was what he went by. He bought us all tequila shots with a bloody mary chaser. Next stop- Plancar Beach. The snorkeling was not great but I presume we just were in the wrong area of the beach. It was way to sandy and no coral where we were but we did see a starfish and that was cool. We spent only an hr or so here cause we spent too much time everywhere else. It was ok though we had a lot of fun. Back to the ship, short nap and dinner- I can't remember but I think this was the night we went to see the comedian. The late show- It was alright. I don't keep any capers so I can't remember names --- sorry!

Still can't figure out pics- asks me for the ulr?

Archived