Is the Spa Pass Worth It?

Eurocruiser2010

We are traveling on Jade later this year. Because we aren't huge pool loungers or crowd people, I am thinking about getting the spa pass so we can enjoy that. For those of you who have got the spa pass, was it worth it? Can you tell what you were able to do in the spa area? Would it be good for a couple who wants to get away from the crowds? :)

We are traveling on Jade later this year. Because we aren't huge pool loungers or crowd people, I am thinking about getting the spa pass so we can enjoy that. For those of you who have got the spa pass, was it worth it? Can you tell what you were able to do in the spa area? Would it be good for a couple who wants to get away from the crowds? :)

I think a lot depends on the number of sea-days. We got Spa passes for our 9-day Dawn cruise (3 sea-days) and for us it was definitely worth it. It was a nice quiet place to relax and get away from the pool noise and crowds.

I agree. I got one on a recent Dawn 9-day and fully enjoyed it. I can't speak for the Jade, but the Dawn had steam and sauna, plus hot and cold immersion pools (at least in the men's locker room). The common area had two hot tubs (one you could recline in) and a lap pool, as well as lounge chairs and coffee/tea/water/OJ to enjoy.

I spent a lot of time there since it was usually quiet and a great place to get away from the crowds to read and relax.

I thought about it and glad I did not because to be honest I could not figure out when I would have gone in there to use it on any day.

Taking a cruise fills up a day pretty quickly and on freestyle cruising sea days you can sleep in late, eat breakfast late or NOT, Lunch late,shop,bowl,rock wall climb,suffle board,play checkers,hit the slots,read a book,hit some golf swings,wine/martini taste, play Wii,watch a movie,play bingo,watch others buy art works,swim/hot tubing,work out in gym, go to at least 2 shows per night , 2 hour dinner,late night shows/dancing and then it's bed time.

I was barely able to enjoy the free hot steam room/shower in the spa every day at least once so how would I possibly be able to squeeze in anything else? I'd rather spend my $99 on another excrusion or 5 nights in 5 speciality resturants. But to each their own.

Yes, the days fill up on a cruise. That said, we thoroughly enjoyed the spa on the Dawn.

Sometimes my wife and I went together; sometimes separately. Sometimes it was 30 min; sometimes 90. Each time was enjoyable.

We did purchase the spa pass (husband and I). We enjoyed it thoroughly but were unable to use it as much as we would have preferred as we did have excursions booked for port days. The spa pass is well worth the money and if you plan to stay on the ship at a port ot two then even more so. Even with the excursions and the fact that we didn't use the spa as much as we would have preferred, it was absolutely worth every dollar. It is beautiful and relaxing. Very serene and calm. Loved it.

Archived