Confused about price drops on Mariner

Going on my second cruise and have Mariner of the Seas booked for May30,2010 . Balcony E1 Myself and twin 8 year olds .Payed 2284 total and told by the agent originally that I had till the day of sailing for any price drops. Booked through Skymiles cruise (triple mile credit) and today I spoke to customer care and they said that price drops are only prior to the final payment and if after the cruise line may not honor it even for onboard credit. That is not what the original agent told me .I also read here that many people talk about getting price drop onboard credits even after final payment. I am really hoping for a price drop although not sure how realistic this is . Are they right or does the cruiseline honor price drops up to sailing date if not a special sale. Thinking I should probably cancel with this agency because it's concerning I can't get the same answer from sales and customer service.

Thanks in advance for any input

RCCL honors price drops up to 72 hours before sailing. Except for promotions for new bookings only like the tuesday sales events. Before final payment it is taken off your balance after final payment it is given in on board credit. You can print the policy right off the rccl.com website and send it to them.

If you are not past final payment and are not married to your specific cabin you might want to consider alternatives. Make sure though that they don't charge cancellation fees.

Going on my second cruise and have Mariner of the Seas booked for May30,2010 . Balcony E1 Myself and twin 8 year olds .Payed 2284 total and told by the agent originally that I had till the day of sailing for any price drops. Booked through Skymiles cruise (triple mile credit) and today I spoke to customer care and they said that price drops are only prior to the final payment and if after the cruise line may not honor it even for onboard credit. That is not what the original agent told me .I also read here that many people talk about getting price drop onboard credits even after final payment. I am really hoping for a price drop although not sure how realistic this is . Are they right or does the cruiseline honor price drops up to sailing date if not a special sale. Thinking I should probably cancel with this agency because it's concerning I can't get the same answer from sales and customer service.

Thanks in advance for any input

My hubby and I are on the same cruise. I would agree with Sue - print up the RCCL policy and show your TA.

I would contact RCCI Myself.

Before I sailed on my last cruise in Sept. the price dropped from 899pp to 449pp.

They gave us the difference in the on board credit. $800+ in on board credit. When we didn't use all of it by the end of the cruise we just went to guest relations and asked if there was something they could do. Discount for a future cruise perhaps. Eventually they refunded the balance in unused onboard credit back to our credit card.

Now I know that SEPT and OCT are LOW LOW Season and the prices always inevitably drop.

RCCL won't work with you on a pricedrop if you booked through a travel agent, and each travel agent can have their own policies on how they handle price drops (some do them, some charge, some do nothing). If the agency you booked with made that promise to you, it would be worth arguing, but unless you have it in writing, it may be a hard one to win if they don't want to do it. In the end, you will have to ask yourself if it is worth having to go through this agency, even if you do get bonus miles.

Like Silentbob stated, RCI will not talk to you about your reservation since you have a TA, they own the reservation.

But, do go to rccl.com and monitor the rate to watch for price drops. If you do have one, call your TA immediately and request it. If they won't give it to you, you may want to have a 3-way phone conversation with the RCI policy in front of you.

To get to the info, go to the home page, click on customer support, then frequently asked questions, then best price guarantee. I'd do the link, but I'm logged into the site right now.

Good Luck!

Edit to add, there are no guarantees of a price drop...you just never know. Right now there has been a slight increase, because of the date it could continue to rise and then you may congratulate yourself on getting a great price on the cruise!

We're on AOS next month and had the same issue. Price dropped so I went personally to see my TA. Unfortunately she was on vacation (it was just after Christmas) and when I asked someone else in the office to arrange our creditn I was told that RCI doesn't do that after final payment. I asked the to please call and ask and guess what...she learned something new that day. We now have $420 onboard credit to play with and if we don't use it all it will be credited back to my credit card after the cruise. Good luck...hope you get a really nice price drop and enjoy your cruise.

Archived