Saint John NB. question

Hi we are sailing into Canada on the Glory this summer and would like to do the boat ride at Reversing Falls. My kids also wanted to do some Kayaking. Can you tell me if there is Kayaking in the area or do we have to go on a tour. There are 6 of us so if we can do it on our own I'm sure the savings will be great. I read on these boards they have Kayaking at rockwood park. How far is that from the port and do you think we have time to do both. the ship is in port 8am- 4pm. thanks

Hi we are sailing into Canada on the Glory this summer and would like to do the boat ride at Reversing Falls. My kids also wanted to do some Kayaking. Can you tell me if there is Kayaking in the area or do we have to go on a tour. There are 6 of us so if we can do it on our own I'm sure the savings will be great. I read on these boards they have Kayaking at rockwood park. How far is that from the port and do you think we have time to do both. the ship is in port 8am- 4pm. thanks

Rockwood Park is 5 minutes from ship in a taxi. They are calm lakes. Alternatively you could go sea kayaking in St. Martin's near the caves. I believe one of the outfits is called River Valley Adventures. You have to do both, just try to do the jet boat last as they will get wet.

• 3 weeks later...

You should have no problem doing both. There is lots of things to do at Rockwood. My oldest just went on a daytripping cross country skiing trip and loved it. The staff are great with the kids. Just google day trips at Rockwood and you'll get an idea of what is offered.

I can drive to the port from rockwood in about 5 mins. It depends on how many lights you hit. Rockwood to the falls might be 10 mins or so. Again depends on traffic.You could chose to walk 1 way from the falls to the ship if you wanted to. Harbor passage is a lovely walking trail that is well marked and takes you most of the way. You could cab it to rockwood and then to the falls. We're all about doing things the most inexpensive way we can as we're a family of 5, so if you'd like any more info, I'd be glad to help.

1 more thing for you to look at to get excited for S.J. Friends of mine did some 360 photos of S.J. and various locations when they were home last year. I think if you look up 360 cities, you can see all kinds of neat panaramics from around the world.(S.J. included.)

Happy planning! And pray for no fog! :)

Archived