Sovereign Excursion Reviews? (Nassau & Coco Cay)

antesfan

Has anyone had an wonderful experiences with excursions or conversely any we should stay away from? Everything always sounds great so how do we choose? If those who have gone on them would like to post their findings it may help others.

On my first cruise last April we split into two groups - here's what we found:

Nassau

:D Rainbow Reef Snorkeling - loved it! In the water for at least an hour, saw lots of fish, great time.

:mad: Pearl Island Snorkel & Treasure Hunt - HORRIBLE! 5 hour excursion, in the water for only 30 minutes, they kept blowing whistles to get us to move to the next section. Only a handful of people had conch shells and the only person to find an oyser was the 5 year old that refused to get into the water. The bbq was cooked around 11am and we ate at 3pm - the salads (pasta, potato and cole slaw) were sitting in the sun and had the yellowed tinge mayo gets after having been left out. Chicken and hot dogs were dried out & wrinkled. Not worth the $98 each.

Coco Cay

:D Kayaking - great time. Two person kayaks, good instructor and leader. We went out for a ways then got out to walk around, picking up live starfish and sand dollars, paddled on for a bit and got out a few times. Note - wear aqua socks or something you don't mind getting soaked.

Anyone else?

Coco Cay

:D Kayaking - great time. Two person kayaks, good instructor and leader. We went out for a ways then got out to walk around, picking up live starfish and sand dollars, paddled on for a bit and got out a few times. Note - wear aqua socks or something you don't mind getting soaked.

Can you tell me more about the kayaking? We were originally thinking about doing the jet ski things. But, I heard that it is rough and that you will be sore the next day. I don't want to be sore on our only day at sea! So then we were thinking about the kayaks. Were you sore afterwards? I have kayaked on the Chicago River and know that it was a little work to paddle against the current. I am a little worried as DH & I will have our 13 and 10 y.o.s to deal with.

Maggie

Can you tell me more about the kayaking?

Maggie

We didn't have any problems at all and never felt sore. There was a stiff breeze so the trip back took a little longer but it was still enjoyable. The best part was walking around picking up things - I had never seen a bright orange starfish before. The breaks in between the paddling helped and there were a few young kids in our excursion group. Since it's the ocean there isn't a current to deal with which makes it much easier. The water never really gets that deep so you don't have to worry about them tipping over.

Yellow Bird Beach trip was good that we got to see alot of really nice homes along the way...the beach was a total dissappointment as well as the prices for beverages$$$!!!

We did the ship trip of going to the Wyndham Hotel...save your money...hire a cab and go ! Huge pool with swim up bar.

We did the stingray adventure snorkel tour in Nassau. What a waste! The stingrays were in a fenced in area of water so it was basically like being in a tank with only them - there wasn't any other fish or coral to see. The stingrays were interesting for about 10 minutes.

Are you able to bring cameras and/or camcorders with you on the kayak excursion?

We had two cameras with us - a regular one and an underwater camera.

Do you really want to bring the camcorder out on the open water? You will be wearing a lifevest so putting it around your neck will be awkward. We put our camera in a ziplock bag so in case it got wet it was at least protected (and yes, we took it out of the bag to take pictures!):D

Archived