How LITTLE we actually spent!

Well, I always clean my tables up at buffet style restaurants and make my bed when on vacation, but I always leave extra for the workers. I do this because it may not be that they gave ME the best service, but they are working hard at their job. Simply put, most people don't tip (well) than do tip. So, unless I was insulted or disrespected, I tip extra for these services because they tend to be working hard, in general, and working hard for everybody else, which I appreciate because I like to see people working hard!

Thanks, CruisingChris. I agree with your observation that they work hard for everyone on the ship. According to NCL, that is what your service charges of $12/ day cover. So to me, a tip above the service charge is for the services that I directly recieved; not a proxy tip for the table beside me who did not leave one or leave a good one. We did leave a little something for our room steward, even though he did not have to clean our room and left him a souvenir.

If I am mistaken about the purpose of the service charges, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Taco Bell lunch in Buffalo (for two) - $8.98

Subway dinner in Buffalo (for one) - $6.53

Bo Jangles dinner in airport (for one) - $11.54

there's a bojangles' in buffalo?!?! (we found one in honduras on our last cruise and were surprised) they aren't very easy to find too far outside of north carolina..... mmmm....i want a boberry biscuit now......

there's a bojangles' in buffalo?!?! (we found one in honduras on our last cruise and were surprised) they aren't very easy to find too far outside of north carolina..... mmmm....i want a boberry biscuit now......

There's one in MD too...closer to you than NY:)

Archived