Houston Airport Help

bobo5551

Hi All.

Quick question about Houston. We are flying in to Bush airport late the night before our cruise this coming week (Rhapsody Jan 23- yay). Given the arrival time of our flight, we are staying in the city and going to Galveston teh next morning. Our hotel doesn't have an airport shuttle that runs as late as we arrive; are there any other options for transport from the airport rather than a cab?? We're a party of 4, and I suspect with our luggage, we may need to take two cabs. Any shuttle or supervan services? I appreciate the help in advance.

Thanks

I think there is a SuperShuttle van, but I don't know where/what time it operates. Other than that, you're stuck with a cab. There also are limousine services available that might be cheaper than 2 cabs (limousine may mean a Lincoln Town Car)

Bush is an hour outside of downtown and Galveston is another hour down the freeway, so be prepared to spend lots of $$ on transportation.

MJ

I agree with the other poster... A super shuttle should do the trick... and by the way ... my DW and I are going on the same cruise. A lot of us from Texas well be present .... we are in cabin 8046 ... we are sailing with my mother and her friend.. and my Sister and her husband. Mom is taking us on the cruise as a thank you for helping her sell her house after Dad died .. year ago Christmas Eve. And also in helping her find and move into a retirement home close to me. This should be a great cruise. Weather looks good and the ship is ready for us...... We can't wait. If you need any help with the area ..my Wife and I grew up in that area and would be glad to help you. We are both retired and live in New Braunfels, Texas ...... We will be driving down Sunday morning and meeting at My Wife's Daughters house in League City .. about 40 minutes from the pier. She will take us all to the ship. Once again... If we can be of anymore help .. please let us know..... Have a safe trip to Texas .... AND MAY GOD BLESS

If you go to galveston.com and click on transportation, you'll see the Galveston Limo service listed. They run a shuttle (not a limo, a van) from Hobby and IAH. I think from IAH, it's $60 roundtrip. I took it from Hobby and it was $50 roundtrip. They did a great job!

My wife reminded me that the Galvestion Limo service has been around forever. That would be my choice. But whatever you choose it is a long drive. Next time try to fly into Hobby airport. It is about an hour closer the Bush. Good luck and see you soon.....;)

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

We are staying at a Houston hotel overnight, and I've arranged a limo (just for fun) into Galveston on the 23rd. It's nice to have these boards to get info from; much easier than it used to be!!

See you cruising!!

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

We are staying at a Houston hotel overnight, and I've arranged a limo (just for fun) into Galveston on the 23rd. It's nice to have these boards to get info from; much easier than it used to be!!

See you cruising!!

If you don't mind me asking, who did you book the limo from and what was the cost? We (family of 5) are flying into Bush on 2/20 and are contemplating hiring a limo to bring us to the port. The kids would get a kick out of it!

Chrissie

If you don't mind me asking, who did you book the limo from and what was the cost? We (family of 5) are flying into Bush on 2/20 and are contemplating hiring a limo to bring us to the port. The kids would get a kick out of it!

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie.

We booked through H-Town Limos (there are four adults in our group). I did a bit of a web search, and they seemed to be middle of the road pricing ($180 USD incl tax and gratuity). I checked them out on the Houston Better Business Bureau site, and they had a satisfactory rating. So... they won! I saw that Extreme Elegance Limos only cost $140, but I read many bad reviews of them, and they had an unsatisfactory BBB rating. I hope you all have a great trip and loads of fun!

Being from Houston I can tell you Hobby is easier to get to and closer to Galveston, however it depends on your airline. You are no doubt flying on Continetnal (which is hubbed at IAH) If you can try to change your flight to another airline with direct service to Hobby (HOU) or you can fly Houston to Houston round trip. What you do is this, fly into Houston IAH then you can fly Continental to either Hobby (HOU) or Elington Field (EFD) which is the former Elington Airforce Base. EFD is even closer to Galveston but don't rely on cabs from EFD.

Being from Houston I can tell you Hobby is easier to get to and closer to Galveston, however it depends on your airline. You are no doubt flying on Continetnal (which is hubbed at IAH) If you can try to change your flight to another airline with direct service to Hobby (HOU) or you can fly Houston to Houston round trip. What you do is this, fly into Houston IAH then you can fly Continental to either Hobby (HOU) or Elington Field (EFD) which is the former Elington Airforce Base. EFD is even closer to Galveston but don't rely on cabs from EFD.

We're flying in from Canada, and using our frequent flyer points (Air Canada), so there was no option as to which airport we flew into. Thanks for the tips, though.

What time do you get into IAH? If it is fairly early book a flight from IAH to HOU or IAH to EFD --- BUT remember you have customs to deal with and thanks to NAFTA it should be fairly painless for you and in fact I think it is done in Canada before you leave.

I am sorry...I keep reading this and I don't think I quite understand..

Are you trying to suggesst that someone fly 20 miles to Hobby,or Elington from Bush..... Why?? It is still a 45 min drive to the pier,from either of those two.And I don't think there are actually any commercial flights still going to Elington,but that I could be wrong about.I just am trying to figure out your logic,for a 20 mile plane trip..

Archived