Just got a new notebook and

Leanne3c

would like to bring it along for the trip. Want to use it to email home and make sure we stay connected with the kids. What do I have to do on board to get wi fi, and can anyone tell me what kind of charges it is a day. Knowing Royal, I.m sure there is a surcharge for the service.

You can set it up in the cabin. They have packages and the more minutes that you purchase, the less expensive it is. I believe if you buy it by the minute, it was something like .55 a minute last week. By the way, all cruise lines charge for internet service. This is not a "Royal" thing.

You can set it up in the cabin. They have packages and the more minutes that you purchase, the less expensive it is. I believe if you buy it by the minute, it was something like .55 a minute last week. By the way, all cruise lines charge for internet service. This is not a "Royal" thing.

I hope they have improved the wifi since I sailed (Nov/Dec) as it was very slow. I had my new MAC with me and watched my minutes tick by as pages were struggling to download. A couple of times, I logged on and got so frustrated waiting for it to load, that I clicked off. My bill had probably an extra 20 dollars worth of wifi charges I didn't get a chance to use.

If you can stand it, use the little rooms with their own computers. I noticed the room on Deck 9 loaded quicker than the room on Deck 7 btw.

would like to bring it along for the trip. Want to use it to email home and make sure we stay connected with the kids. What do I have to do on board to get wi fi, and can anyone tell me what kind of charges it is a day. Knowing Royal, I.m sure there is a surcharge for the service.

One thing you won't get is a safe big enough to keep your new notebook secure. At least in a balcony room or smaller those safes were quite tiny, I dont even think they would fit my 9" netbook which is really small.

Archived