First Timers FREEDOM or AOS...Help!

abster70

Hi Gang!

Need some serious help. I posted this same thread on the Roll Call board but hope to get more views here...Hubby and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary in May 2006. (right when you guys are looking at sailing Freedom?) THIS IS OUR FIRST CRUISE and our first vacation since having the kids 6 years ago!

We are reserved on the AOS for January '06 just because it seemed like a good time of year to get out of Western New York! (doing the Southern Carrib out of San Juan)And prices were good too.

But this new ship sounds so exciting and too good to pass up if we are indeed getting a group together. But how does this group thing work? I am literally a newbie to all of this. How do we get rates? When will we know prices/itineraries? How would we "sign up" through Cruise Critic?

Are "newbies" to cruising wise to hold off and let you veterans get a feel for things first? I kinda feel a little intimidated by everyone who knows everything about cruising being on board these sailings...

We can not afford to do both cruises...as much as we would like to...so should we switch? Won't it sell out in a heartbeat? Any info/advice on this would be really appreciated!

In Feb, the Crown and Anchor members are going to get first shot at booking at the inagural sailing.And when ships first come out they may have some issues that will resolve themselves as the ship and staff get more experienced. But that being said you can not go wrong with either ship. I loved the AOS.

I would take AOS. The southern route is awesome and in January you should be able to get a good rate.

Freedom is tempting, but for such a memorable cruise I would not book one of the first few sailings in May. Lots of things can happen. Delivery of the ship could be delayed and the sailing could be canceled. There also may be things about the ship not completed at first or they may have bugs in the system that affect the service you receive. Then again, things might go fine. Personally I think that is a lot of risk for such a memorable cruise. If I absolutely had to go on Freedom, I would do it later in the summer.

Archived