Cabin Upgrade IOS 2/28/10

My daughter and I are sailing on the Feb 28 sailing IOS and just got our guarantee inside cabin assignment. We were assigned a Deck 6 Promenade cabin and we're not sure if we are happy with it. Does anyone know if we can now upgrade to guaranteed outside oceanview as the price is now the same we paid for guaranteed inside. We would appreciate any experiences any of you may have had with upgrading. Also any opinions on Deck 6 Promenade cabins would be helpful.

I have not had a PR room, but I'm told they are a a bit smaller that the oceanview rooms. I have been on deck 6 (balcony) and found the location convenient. If you take an oceanview room, you will probably get a lower deck (a lot of the OV are on 2 or 3). As the price has dropped and you are not thrilled with your current assignment, why not call and ask for an upgrade to oceanview gty? Call Royal Caribbean if you booked direct or call your travel agent if you used one. I hope you can get the upgrade before the prices change. I'm on the cruise before you in an oceanview gty. I was assigned a room on deck 3 forward.

The posts I found searching this site suggest decks 2 and 3 are fine, but I don't have enough experience on IOS compare the noise for you. We've only completed one cruise on IOS. Our balcony cabin on deck 6 was quiet when we cruised last spring. We will cruise IOS again in three weeks. We reserved an OV GTY rate and were assigned a cat H room on 3 forward. This morning another cabin opened up in our assigned category. Since I booked direct, I called Royal Caribbean and was moved to the new cabin. We will now be on deck 6 overlooking the bow. The woman was very nice and so helpful on the phone. We talked about possible motion in the bow and she described the view from the room. Hope your experience with RCI's service is just as good.

We love the promenade cabins on deck 6. You can look out on the promenade, great view for parade watching and people watching. It is a very convenient location, one flight down to grab a cup of coffee or walk on the promenade. It is smaller, but plenty of room for 2 people. You have a view with the price of an inside. We rarely heard any noise, but if you want complete quiet, then an oceanview on a lower floor may be your answer.

My daughter and I are sailing on the Feb 28 sailing IOS and just got our guarantee inside cabin assignment. We were assigned a Deck 6 Promenade cabin and we're not sure if we are happy with it. Does anyone know if we can now upgrade to guaranteed outside oceanview as the price is now the same we paid for guaranteed inside. We would appreciate any experiences any of you may have had with upgrading. Also any opinions on Deck 6 Promenade cabins would be helpful.

You are inside the penalty phase, so it is within Royal Caribbean's discretion NOT to allow you to change your reservation to another category.

That doesn't mean that they will definitely deny it, but be prepared for the answer to be "no". It MAY be "yes".

By the way, PR is the highest level of interior cabin. You were given a GOOD assignment based on your booking.

You can look at the deck plans and see what your cabin is directly over, to give you a sense of how noisy or quiet it will be. If you can't do that, post your cabin number, and we can help with that. :)

Are the promanade the largest of the interior cabins? Do you have privacy? Can people look up into your cabin or are they one way windows?

According the Royal's website, the promenade cabins are a bit bigger than other interior cabins (except for the family cabins, of course those are larger). You need to remember to close your curtains for privacy. Others can look up (or across) into your room.

I personally would prefer the promenade cabin on deck 6 to an interior on deck 2 or 3. I hate being that far down the ship as you can't as easily get to all the bars/pool/buffet, etc. We wind up walking sometimes if the elevators are running slow and I like to be halfway up the ship. Also, you would be closer to the Promenade, just walk down a flight. Just my personal preference.

Archived