How am I supposed to find a good travel agent?

Sailkeywest

The only question I think is left to answer is, when I booked our trip, HAL assigned us to one of their TA's (without my knowing). Can this trip still be transferred over to another TA now?
I think you're confusing a HAL PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant) with a TA. Yes, you can transfer a reservation made by a PCC and held by HAL over to an external TA anytime.

(Since when does HAL transfer to a TA anyway??)

Host Dan

Long time! :)

Not sure why you think you're being picked on. My post was also deleted and I also didn't offer to email the op, didn't say to email me, didn't mention any cruise sites, didn't say what city my TA was in.

I was just trying to say that one doesn't have to be in the same state as a TA is, that communication can be done via phone or email.

Mine was also deleted. I was the first responder, and all I said was that OP can post an email address, and that the she should state where she is located. NOTHING else! I didn't advise her to email me, nor offer to email her! I don't see how that violated any guidelines. Of course, now this will be bleeped (and probably yours too NMLady), as we are now discussing why our posts were bleeped, another no-no! :(

... Mine was also deleted. I was the first responder, and all I said was that OP can post an email address, and that the she should state where she is located. NOTHING else! I didn't advise her to email me, nor offer to email her! I don't see how that violated any guidelines. ...

I saw that post and actually I was not surprised it was deleted since the Guidelines specify that email cannot be used to get TA information. By recommending the op post an email address it looked as if it were a suggestion that would be a way to get the information by email, which is against the guidelines. The hosts here are good at reading between the lines.

Archived