Kids have Padi scuba -40ft max dives in Coz, Grand Cay & Roatan ports

aprilcl

Hi - First of all, I love all the information that has been posted. You are amazingly helpful. Thanks! Our kids are PADI scuba (cannot go below 40 ft). My dh and I are PADI open water. We are looking for family friendly dives in Coz, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. My youngest (11) still has buoyancy/interest issues (she sees something interesting, she follows it) so I am uncomfortable with dive sites where she has the potential to go deeper than 40-45 (so no deep wall dives). I read the threads about Alison in Coz, she’s busy that day. She suggested I contact Chucho. Any suggestions for Roatan or Grand Cayman?

Will you have 4 divers? I'd recommend doing a private charter in Cozumel. If Chucho can't accommodate you, check with http://www.divewithmartin.com There are plenty of dive sites to choose from with your depth limitation.

In Grand Cayman, I'd consider doing a shore dive at http://www.sunsethouse.com That will keep it shallow and less expensive. You can hire a guide and rent gear for much less than 4 people on a boat trip will cost. A dive site closer to where the tenders dock is Eden Rock, but I'd go to the slightly farther away Sunset House.

Sorry, I can't offer anything for Roatan.

Thanks Bruce-r. Coucho has space, so we are set for Cozumel! The sunsethouse looks great. The last place we (no kids, just dh and I) did a shore dive was bonaire. I'd didn't even consider it as a option this time. Thanks for suggesting it. I also heard about the scuba dive with rays. Any input on that?

I also heard about the scuba dive with rays. Any input on that?

That would be a great family experience and definitely shallow, not more than 15 ft. But since it takes place on an all sandy bottom area, there won't be much else besides the stingrays.

I don't have a recommendation for dive op for that however, sorry.

Archived