My Dream Review 1/23 - 1/30

FrogFritter

The pictures are courtesy of my aunt - she never sat still on this cruise and was always around snapping pictures of everything.

We had a 6A oceanview 2497 aft - would not recommend unless you are a heavy sleeper.

Ok, thanks! Tell you Aunt she has an eye for photography ;).

Belize - We took the tender into port and it was a bumpy ride due to the all the wind. Half way there it began raining but it didn't last long. It was pretty overcast most of the day. We did see a pretty rainbow, though.

DSCN0420.jpg

We booked a combo ATV/cave tubing excursion through cave-tubing dot com. We had a group of 20 people from the roll call. (which gave us free lunch) We met the bus at the terminal and took about an hour ride to the facility. We had Richard as our guide on the bus and he was very nice and had alot of info to share. He gave us cashew wine to try and many laughs. We did the ATV portion 1st and man, was it a blast!!! The trail was nice because it was muddy, had plenty of puddles and twists and turns all over. The only bad thing was that it was over too quick! I came out of there covered in mud - in my mouth and hair, too. But I am not complaining - it was tons of fun!!

We boarded the bus afterward and went to the place where we would cave tube. When you get there, they tell you to only bring things that can get wet, so if you go, bring a waterproof camera. They also recommend you wear water shoes - they have them there for rent if you don't have any. I would recommend bringing a cheap pair of sneakers that you can ditch after the trip. Walking 1 1/2 miles on rocks in water shoes is like walking barefoot - the only negative part of the trip for me.

You get your tube and life jacket and make the 1 1/2 mile trek to the river. When you get to the river, you put you tube in the water, hook up to your group by your feet and the guide (we had Jimmy) takes you through the caves. It is very relaxing and something I am glad I experienced. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures because I did not have a water camera with me - what a mistake. It was pretty crowded in the caves - there are numerous tour companies that offer the tour.

DSCN0432.jpg

We had a long tiring day and by the time we made it back, we only had about an hour before the last tender. We quickly looked in a few shops and headed back to the ship.

Frogfritter,

I noticed in your signature you had gone on the RC Navigator in 09, how would compare that ship to the Dream. My DD she's 16 would love to try a RC ship she really really wants to go on the Freedom of the Seas but I just can't justify the price increase.

I always have such a blast on the Carnival ships and the price is so much less.

Great Review! Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks

I will try and add some pictures too of different areas of the ship, if I can ever figure out how to? Help Froggie!!

You just have to upload your pictures on a site like photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG file into the post.

Send me an email if you can't figure it out.

And if you do, no posting pictures of me on the ATV! Hahahahaha

Frogfritter,

I noticed in your signature you had gone on the RC Navigator in 09, how would compare that ship to the Dream. My DD she's 16 would love to try a RC ship she really really wants to go on the Freedom of the Seas but I just can't justify the price increase.

I always have such a blast on the Carnival ships and the price is so much less.

Great Review! Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks

I liked the Promenade on RCI. It was easy to navigate (ha - pun not intended) and we liked to hang out in that area. My favorite things about that cruise were karaoke - we might have just had a fun bunch of people sailing with us and RCI's Quest Adult Game - SOOOO fun!!! But other than that, nothing stands out to me. Oh, the pizza was better than Carnival's.

I think the service and the food was much better on the Dream. After sailing both, I would sail RCI again if the price was similar or less than Carnival, but I can't justify spending the extra money. If your daughter is going to utilize the extras - rock climbing, ice skating rink, etc. then it might be worth it.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Happy cruising!!!

The sofa turns into a full sized twin bed (our room was for 3 people). They just take the back cushion off. My son slept on it in their room, which was an oceanview 2420, just 3 doors down. Their room had 2 bathrooms, one with a sink & bathtub and the other with a toilet & shower. It certainly helped with 3 young adults in the same room.

Cove balcony is certainly a good deal for your $$$$.

Question about Cocoa Beach Shuttle? I just booked them for our Cruise in March. We are also having them take us to the Radisson and then picking us up at the Port. It is $150 round trip for the 4 of us and we were told to pay the driver. Do you pay the driver who picks you up at the airport for the entire trip or just 1/2 of it. Also, I'm assuming you put a tip on top of this?

We were on this same cruise and used Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We paid our driver in full when he took us to the hotel. He then gave us a yellow sheet showing we had paid and that is what we showed the driver when he picked us up at the hotel to take us to the ship and again when they picked us up at the port to take us back to Orlando to the airport. When we got to the airport that is when he just take the slip.

Archived