Average Age....??

AllFourOne

My husband and I are considering a Mexican Riveria Cruise in March during Spring Break, and thinking about taking our two adult sons (ages 22 & 23 in March). They aren't huge party goers, but will they be totally bored, are there enough activities on board to interest their age group? I've heard that Holland America is getting more of the "younger" passengers on their ships especially on the 7 day cruises...and during holidays, such as Christmas, Spring Break, Summer, etc. Any thoughts?

We had the same kind of question a few years ago before booking a Crystal cruise. I don't know if HAL will do this, but Crystal gave me the complete passenger age demographics on those already booked before we booked.

You most likely have three port days so that can occupy a bunch of time. The cruise length and timing are perfect for a lower than average HAL average age but it will no doubt still be an older group than other cruise lines.

Gary

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm very familiar with Cabo and PV, never been to Mazatlan, but I know the port will not be an issue. It was just the days at sea, I was worried about. We're combining this cruise to be a 25 year wedding anniversary(May)/college graduation(June-boy boys)/birthday(for both boys -Feb/May). Might as well do it all at once!!

Maybe I'm crazy..:eek:

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm very familiar with Cabo and PV, never been to Mazatlan, but I know the port will not be an issue. It was just the days at sea, I was worried about. We're combining this cruise to be a 25 year wedding anniversary(May)/college graduation(June-boy boys)/birthday(for both boys -Feb/May). Might as well do it all at once!!

Maybe I'm crazy..:eek:

Welcome to Cruise Critic AllFourOne, cute name, I think you will find a very diverse age group especially on like a 7 day spring break cruise. Lots of kids, and young adults. A cruise is a wonderful way to celebrate all those special things like your wedding anniversary, boys birhtdays and graduation, wow, sounds like fun! Have a great cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic AllFourOne, cute name, I think you will find a very diverse age group especially on like a 7 day spring break cruise. Lots of kids, and young adults. A cruise is a wonderful way to celebrate all those special things like your wedding anniversary, boys birhtdays and graduation, wow, sounds like fun! Have a great cruise!

Thanks, so much for your reply...I know well the benefits of cruising. We took our boys on "The Big Red Boat" years ago and it was great. But now that they are over 21, I was concerned that maybe Carnival would be a better fit for them. I, on the other hand, have always wanted to go on HAL. Have been on Royal Caribbean 3 times, and also on a 7 day Hawaiian Cruise, can't remember the line, though. I was also a travel agent for over 20 years (but that almost 10 year ago now), so am very familiar with the different cruise lines. Although, much has changed since then....and they have gotten so much bigger!!! My boys and the ships!

Archived