Stateroom upgrades?

star7228

to the upsell desks. In my last call to them, they looked at my particular sailing and noted that there were still 300 cabins unsold and they expected them to be released in a week or two. The March period is spring break and they expect most to sell without discount. I'm optimistic that mine will open up; but if not, I am content with the category I have booked.

Peter

[quote name='Colorado Babe']Upsell just called an offered me the Penthouse for $500.00 and I grabbed it...My family is so excited we can't wait. We sail on March 19th.[/QUOTE]

Wow, from oceanview to Penthouse in 2 days (for not that much more $)!
Now you're really cruising, Colorado Babe!!

[B]For Colorado Babe...[/B]
CONGRATULATIONS on your upgrade from an oceanview to a Penthouse for just $250 per person more. You'll have fun and pampering with a butler and a concierge! We're hoping that our Cruise Planner can work something out for us to get an upsell from a BC to at least a Mini Suite. Perhaps we'll be able to get something, better because it looks like all that is left in the "upper" categories on our April cruise is in AC or AB (and of course the Garden Villa)! After five cruises, we haven't been able to get an upgrade yet...it sure would be nice to get one for our upcoming trip!

Debjo

[quote name='Colorado Babe']Actually there are three of us travelling so I am very happy that they only charged us 500 for three passengers....My husband is now crossing his fingers that they offer us the Owner's suite next....We shall see.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! You got a fantastic price and so far in advance of sailing.

[quote name='SummerRenee']How likely is it to upgrade to the Garden Villas? Anyone ever do it, or know of someone who did? If so, what might one expect to have to pay, going from an AB suite?[/QUOTE]

Happens move often then you may think. Last minute perhaps 7 grand could get you into the Garden Villa. :)

I just called the upsales desk and inquired about an upgrade, my cruise isn't until May 22, but I wanted to let them know I was interested. They said because I went through a travel agent so I had to try to get an upgrade through them. I was very persistant and basically refused to go through the travel agent. They transferred me to the voicemail of the representative in charge of upsales for my cruise. I'm waiting for a call back, hopefully it works, my fingers are crossed. Wish me luck, I think I'll need it. :rolleyes:

[quote name='GNisme']I just called the upsales desk and inquired about an upgrade, my cruise isn't until May 22, but I wanted to let them know I was interested. They said because I went through a travel agent so I had to try to get an upgrade through them. I was very persistant and basically refused to go through the travel agent. They transferred me to the voicemail of the representative in charge of upsales for my cruise. I'm waiting for a call back, hopefully it works, my fingers are crossed. Wish me luck, I think I'll need it. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Did you ever get a call back? I'm in the same "boat".

:) I am SO HAPPY!!!! A few months ago, I decided that even though I was quite content with an AF Mini-Suite on my Dawn cruise on April 17, 2005, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANTED an "AB Penthouse". I just wanted to celebrate my 15th Wedding Anniversary "in style"...... I also realized that my daughter really does not like sleeping on sofa beds anymore, even though she is 12 years old, she HATES sofa beds, she finds them uncomfortable and awfull..... I honestly did not know about an AB Penthouse when I booked this cruise back in March 2004, I only found out about them a few months ago when I "found" Cruise Critic and read reviews and postings about AB Penthouses.
So, with a "bee in my bonnet" I went about trying to upgrade to an AB. Last month I came "this close..!!!" to paying $6,732 for this cruise. But, when my TA called the next day to do the upgrade, NCL had changed the pricing overnight, that same cruise was now, $8,377!!!! Talk about CRAZY!!!! I said, "NO WAY!!! I'LL STAY WITH MY AF MINI-SUITE!!!!" We will just get Sara an extra duvet, for the sofa bed, to make it soft and pull the drape for privacy.........
BUT, I still wasn't ready to give up on my quest, I called last week the NCL "Re-Assignment Department", I spoke with a lovely woman, "Monica" who was very helpfull and kind, I told her that YES, I do know that my TA is supposed to be doing this phone call, BUT, this is MY cruise, I want this to happen, so I am doing the "Leg Work" for my TA. She took down my information that I wished to upgrade to an AB, she said she would forward the information to "Irene" who would be responsible for that specific cruise. and then just yesterday I spoke with "Irene" another lovely woman at the NCL "Re-Assignment Department". She said she would get back to me tomorrow.
Well, today is "tomorrow" and Irene called, saying that NCL would upgrade me, at a "minimum" price, which she could only discuss with my TA. So, I called my TA and e-mailed her too. Within a half hour, I had my AB PENTHOUSE!!!!! I am SO HAPPY!!!!!!!
The total price for three was a ***bit*** more then I had hoped for, but a LOT LESS then what I would have paid just last month. The total price for three of us in an "AB Penthouse" for the April 17, 2005 cruise on the Dawn is: $4,756. I would have liked it to be a bit less, but, I know I have gotten a pretty good deal, considering what I would have/could have paid!!!
So, my suggestions and thoughts on "Upgrading" your cabin are, Don't give up, be patient and persistent. Call like three months before your cruise, to the NCL "Re-Assingment Department" and speak to someone, have them connect you with the person who will be handling YOUR CRUISE upgrading, have the person take ALL your information, and what type of cabin you want to upgrade too. Continue to call back till you reach someone who sounds understanding and nice, sometimes they only want to speak with a TA. Make sure you get their individual extension number!!!
Continue to call the person in charge of your cruise. This is YOUR CRUISE, sometimes you have to help yourself, your TA is a very busy person, they don't have time and/or the inclination to call daily for you. YOU have to do that. When you get a call back from the "Re-Assignment Department", THEN your TA will negotiate the best price that can be gotten. Look at me, 76 days before my cruise and I got EXACTLY what I wanted, yes, a bit more then I had hoped, but, WAY LESS then what I would have paid, which is a VERY good thing!!!!
Good Luck to EVERYONE trying to get an upgrade!!!! I hope you all get what you want!!!

Suesan:):):)

[quote name='SummerRenee']How likely is it to upgrade to the Garden Villas? Anyone ever do it, or know of someone who did? If so, what might one expect to have to pay, going from an AB suite?[/QUOTE]

[size=2]We were offered an upgrade to the Garden Villa from our mini suite for a measly sum of $18,000.. Since we could only come up with $17,999, we had to pass it up...maybe next time...:D

[/size]

Not sure if we did good or not. Never have done an upgrade before and decided to try it after reading everyone's posts. We were in an BA (balcony) aft on deck 9 and got an AE aft on deck 9 (Penthouse). We always like the aft of the ship. They offered $700 total to upgrade. We countered with $600 and they grabbed it. I wonder if we should have countered with less. We'll never know. What do you all think?

pd4st

Well, after reading every ones advice on upgrades, I decided to call today. They offered us an upgrade from DD to an owners suite for $1000 on the dream. Hubby said no, but I think that I might try again next week. We payed under $2000 for four of us to stay in the DD, so DH looks at it as 150% for our cruise. I think we already have a good deal, and the owners suite would work out to $107 pp/per day, so that would be a great deal. Maybe I can talk him into it.;)

Archived