Any real difference between (Riviera & Main) Deck 1 and 2?

lilfleck

I'm organizing a group of 14 friends who are ready to book a cruise and the travel agent gave us a choice of either getting rooms next/near each other (deck 1) or not near each other on the deck 2.

Is there any noticeable difference here?

Which ship?

If you're going on a Conquest class ship, I'd prefer Riveria (1) because on Main Deck you could have a noisy area above you. Of couse, if you stay up until the wee hours, it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm organizing a group of 14 friends who are ready to book a cruise and the travel agent gave us a choice of either getting rooms next/near each other (deck 1) or not near each other on the deck 2.

Is there any noticeable difference here?

No difference...maybe cost....deck 2 would be considered an upgrade...I think :eek:

Which ship?

If you're going on a Conquest class ship, I'd prefer Riveria (1) because on Main Deck you could have a noisy area above you. Of couse, if you stay up until the wee hours, it wouldn't be a problem.

Staying on the Carnival Liberty. Prices are apparently the same for the two... just not near each other (Main Deck - 2).

The glass atrium elevators only go down to deck 2, not to deck one. While perhaps a minor difference, waiting for elevators is one of the things I like least about cruising. Still I would probably prefer the lower deck with cabins close together for a group.

According to Cruise Deck Plans, the Lobby deck is right above the Main deck. The Lobby deck has the theater, dining rooms, galley, etc. Could be a noise issue.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/Carnival+Liberty-deck-plans.html

Fair enough for me.... that and I think it would be nice to be closer to all the friends. Thanks guys :)

Did Riveria on the Victory and Main on the Freedom at about $200 more per cabin.

Next time Main again as long as there are cabins below me and cabins above us. Why, because of the sewage smell on the Riveria on the Victory.

There was no smell at all on the Freedom and I don't know wether that is due to being up one level or not but I like cabins below and above us...mid ship...that is what I look for at the best possible price.

Did Riveria on the Victory and Main on the Freedom at about $200 more per cabin.

Next time Main again as long as there are cabins below me and cabins above us. Why, because of the sewage smell on the Riveria on the Victory.

There was no smell at all on the Freedom and I don't know wether that is due to being up one level or not but I like cabins below and above us...mid ship...that is what I look for at the best possible price.

I was told there are 6 decks below Riviera for crew.

But there are no cabins on the deck above main on Victory (Triumph class) or Freedom (Conquest class) :confused:

Stayed on Riveria on the Victory.....Main on Freedom...I know that there are not cabins above and below...that would be my preference if there were to be though...

I was told there are 6 decks below Riviera for crew.

and you may or may not have an issue being on the lowest pax deck....because on the Victory there is a sewage smell...my preference for the next time WE book is to find a midship cabin with cabins above and below...I am not joined at the hip to Carnival as other ships have that cabin available.

FWIW...do what you want...if price matters...go lower...if not go higher and just be sure the Promenade deck...which few stroll anyway or another deck of cabins are above you...unless you like the sounds and smells of the nitelife.

and you may or may not have an issue being on the lowest pax deck....because on the Victory there is a sewage smell...my preference for the next time WE book is to find a midship cabin with cabins above and below...I am not joined at the hip to Carnival as other ships have that cabin available.

FWIW...do what you want...if price matters...go lower...if not go higher and just be sure the Promenade deck...which few stroll anyway or another deck of cabins are above you...unless you like the sounds and smells of the nitelife.

Hah... well, I think we'll be fine. Carnival Victory is a bit older and different than the Freedom is. I sailed on Freedom (age: 2007) about 6 months ago which looks identical to Liberty (age: 2005) and there aren't too many decks below the bottom deck, you're right.

I was on the 3rd deck, but I didn't notice any smells/sounds. We're all young, and shouldn't care all that much. We'll be midship anywho. I am keeping optimistic and my fingers crossed!

Archived