Mobile Al

nobuns9

Where is a good place to stay in Mobile Al and that will let you leave your car while you are on a 5 day cruise Thanks:)

Yes,Please, Enquiring minds want to know,

but it will probably be suggested that we go to the

departure ports boards.

Radison Admiral Semmes hotel. It is $7 per day to park in the city garage next to the hotel. The hotel offers a shuttle to the ship.

Another option is to stay at one of the hotels on I-65 out toward the airport. Drive to the port and drop off your luggage and passengers. Drive over to the city garage and park. It is about a 6 block walk back to the terminal. Some have lucked out and only had to pay $7 for the entire week if leaving out on the weekend as the attendant is not there.

Dave

Wyngate by Windham Mobile will shuttle you to/from the port and allow your car to stay parked in the parking lot during your cruise. It is $10.00 per day to leave the car. They have a very nice indoor whirlpool, but it was closed during our stay in January '10. The shuttle is a nice touch because the drivers are knowledgeable of the area and can bypass the traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Homewood Suites near the airport. It was $139 for the cruise package and includes a shuttle to and from the port and parking for the cruise. The room was clean, the breakfast (also included) was great and the staff was Awesome! I would highly recommend it!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me about the area in Mobile called Timmerman or Tillman something like that, are there many hotels and food there. Was thinking of staying there thru Priceline or Hotwire and then driving to port in the morning and parking at the port, its just about as much money as staying at one closer.

Any help???

Can anyone tell me about the area in Mobile called Timmerman or Tillman something like that, are there many hotels and food there. Was thinking of staying there thru Priceline or Hotwire and then driving to port in the morning and parking at the port, its just about as much money as staying at one closer.

Any help???

You are talking about Tillmans Corner. It is exit 15 on I-10. (Actually, there are 2 exits for Tillmans Corner, about a mile apart) There are numerous motels and hotels there with an abundance of restaurants. It is a travelers dream exit. Everything you could want within a mile of the exit. And only about a 20 minute drive from the port

You are talking about Tillmans Corner. It is exit 15 on I-10. (Actually, there are 2 exits for Tillmans Corner, about a mile apart) There are numerous motels and hotels there with an abundance of restaurants. It is a travelers dream exit. Everything you could want within a mile of the exit. And only about a 20 minute drive from the port

Sounds great, I have found a few hotels with pools that look great and priced great. Even if we stay there and then pay the 75 to park at the pier its still cheaper or the same as staying at the Radisson Admiral or Hampton Inn right at the port. 20 min to port is even better!!

Archived