ES Question

Analicia419

I have just booked my second cruise which will be my honeymoon cruise myself on Carnival's website. Our first cruise we used a travel agent. I booked ES and category 8C I think. My cabin assignment was given as #7348. I have been reading a few of the threads that mention guarantees and was wondering if there is a chance I will be moved or is this my cabin assignment. Also I am now considering changing to a Cat. 11. Do I just need to call Carnival to do this. I appreciate any help from the more seasoned cruisers on the board.

I have just booked my second cruise which will be my honeymoon cruise myself on Carnival's website. Our first cruise we used a travel agent. I booked ES and category 8C I think. My cabin assignment was given as #7348. I have been reading a few of the threads that mention guarantees and was wondering if there is a chance I will be moved or is this my cabin assignment. Also I am now considering changing to a Cat. 11. Do I just need to call Carnival to do this. I appreciate any help from the more seasoned cruisers on the board.

You booked Early Saver rate which is an assigned cabin - this cabin is yours 99.9999% assured. It's possible (but nowdays pretty unlikely) that Carnival might offer you a free upgrade.

There are "Guarantee" bookings (FunSelect, Pack-and-Go....) where you are booking a Category (Inside, OceanView, Balcony Suite) such that you are "guaranteed" a cabin somewhere on the ship within that Category, to be eventually assigned somewhere between the time you book and the time you check-in.

Booked Early Saver, there's nothing preventing you from moving up a category or more, without penalty, by paying the current fare for the new cabin. You would have to call Carnival 800 number to arrange this.

ken

Archived