Price Drop Question

k2

I booked a cruise and am a little confused on Carnival's pricing. From what I am reading, it sounds like in order to take advantage of price drops you have to book early saver (no-longer offered for my cruise at the time of booking). Is that true? If the price falls after final payment and you did not book an early saver rate, what options do you have (if any)? Can you upgrade your cabin to a sale price on a better cabin? Just curious. :confused:

I booked a cruise and am a little confused on Carnival's pricing. From what I am reading, it sounds like in order to take advantage of price drops you have to book early saver (no-longer offered for my cruise at the time of booking). Is that true? If the price falls after final payment and you did not book an early saver rate, what options do you have (if any)? Can you upgrade your cabin to a sale price on a better cabin? Just curious. :confused:

After final payment due date, you are pretty much out of luck outside of Early Saver. I believe you can call and try to get an upgrade, but it is very YMMV.

After final payment due date, you are pretty much out of luck outside of Early Saver. I believe you can call and try to get an upgrade, but it is very YMMV.

Thanks... I got a great price so that is fine... just thought if there was a good price on a better room, can I take advantage and upgrade.

YMMV?

If you book Early Saver (at least 3+ months from sailaway for shorter cruises and 5+ months from sailaway for longer cruises) you get Price Adjustments up to 2 business days before sailing for Early Saver rates until they disappear at 3/5 months AND for any price drops for Promo Rates that you're eligible for, like Past Guest (if you're a Past Guest), 55+ (if you're age 55+), your state Resident (if Residency rate is offered for your state) and Military (if you're military eligible.

If you book other than Early Saver, you can get Price Adjustments for that Rate (Past Guest, 55+, Residency, Military...) that you booked under, up to Final Payment Deadline; after that if the rate that you booked under drops, you may be able to get an upgrade, if available.

You can check these various rates using the nCruise Search on Carnival.com and selecting Check special box and the rates you're eligible for.

ken

Archived