Hair?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these boards, I found them in a google search when I was looking up reviews. I was planning a 100-person traditional wedding for October of 2010, but realized I really didn't want all of the hassle and stress of a traditional wedding. Instead, I opted for about 10 people joining my fiancé and I on the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas ship this May. I'm booking the cabin this week and have our wedding package on hold so I know it's available. We're doing the basic, basic package (Duet) because we don't want to spend a ton of money. Anyways, rambling aside-I've read a few stories of being extremely rushed if you get your hair done in the salon on the ship. We're getting married the first day in port and I really don't want to be rushed/stressed about timelines. Can anyone recommend an alternative? I want to get my hair professionally done because no one in our group is good at hair and I want it to look nice. I've heard of having a stylist come to the hotel and do the hair, does anyone have any names/links/more info on that? We're leaving out of Port Canaveral. Thanks in advance for your help!

I knew what I wanted for my hair -- it was a braided bun. I knew I wouldn't have time to have it done on the ship, and I definately wouldn't be able to meet with my stylist ahead of time, so I took another bride's suggestion, and ordered a hair piece. If you consider it, I suggest paulayoung.com -- I'm very pleased with the piece I got and it matches my hair perfectly. I even wore it to work and got a lot of compliments on it. GL whatever you decide!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these boards, I found them in a google search when I was looking up reviews. I was planning a 100-person traditional wedding for October of 2010, but realized I really didn't want all of the hassle and stress of a traditional wedding. Instead, I opted for about 10 people joining my fiancé and I on the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas ship this May. I'm booking the cabin this week and have our wedding package on hold so I know it's available. We're doing the basic, basic package (Duet) because we don't want to spend a ton of money. Anyways, rambling aside-I've read a few stories of being extremely rushed if you get your hair done in the salon on the ship. We're getting married the first day in port and I really don't want to be rushed/stressed about timelines. Can anyone recommend an alternative? I want to get my hair professionally done because no one in our group is good at hair and I want it to look nice. I've heard of having a stylist come to the hotel and do the hair, does anyone have any names/links/more info on that? We're leaving out of Port Canaveral. Thanks in advance for your help!

If you are getting married on embarkation day, I don't think you will be able to get your hair done in the ship's salon. I am getting married on embarkation day out of the Port of Miami. We have to be at the port by 10:30 am and I don't think the ship's salon will be open. So, I am having a hair stylist/makeup artist come to my hotel and do my hair/makeup on the morning of the wedding. I'm using Beauty by Noel (you can google him for his website). I'm not sure if he'll travel as far as Port Canaveral though. I'm sure there are other mobile make-up artists in the port canaveral area. That may be your best bet.

Hi everyone,

Welcome! I'm getting married on day 3, the first "at sea" day but my plan might help depending on how you want it. I'm having extensions sew onto clips that I can clip in and have the curls setting until the big day. I have fine/thin blonde hair and want the full curls for my day. With humidity, I know my hair couldn't hold it's own so the extensions will take care of that and some really strong hairspray. If you want your hair up, I've seen some really cute up-do hair pieces online too. Just some ideas.

Archived