Suggestions for Royal Caribbean shore excursions for 77 year old mom

Conanc

Hi,

I am thinking about a last minute 5 night cruise on the Navigator with my 76 year old mom. Does anyone have any recommendations for shore excursions in Belize? Mom is pretty active but tires easily if she has to walk too much. Thanks.

My mom is 72 and dad is 74. We did the Tale of Two Cities last month. Saw Altun Ha Ruins. Dad did climb the ruins but my mom stayed below. She did fine with the walking part but it is different for each person and not sure how your mom would compare but will say it was a nice tour.

Just back with my 74 yo mother. We did the combination of Altun Ha and the river jungle cruise. Altun Ha requires a bit of walking but it's on level ground. If you choose to climb the ruins it can be strenous (very steep, trecherous stairs) but my mother waited at the bottom. She broke both ankles a few years ago and will probably get a knee replaced sometime in the future but she was able to do it just fine. The river cruise was a bit disappointing since we did not see much wild life. It was during a very cold spell (We were told it was the coldest day in 20 years. Not sure that was true but you get the idea.) We chose this tour so my 5 yo dd could see monkeys in their native habitat - no monkeys. Our guide said you see them 90% of the time but we were unlucky. It was quite an experience to be on a river in the jungle of Belize but I think if I had it to do over again I would probably have done the zoo or one of the preserves. Maybe I would have felt different if more animals had been out and about that day. Hope this helps some.

Archived