Handicapped Sign for the car

barberesr

I don't remember St. Thomes since last time I was there was with hubby so we didn't need HC parking. However, I know St. Maarten does have some HC spots. I was there Jan. 16th with my mom. The spots aren't any wider than the average parking spot nor do all of them have curb cuts to get onto the sidewalk. They are closer to the shopping areas than other parking spots. I think there were about 6 of them in Marigot along the road that runs in front of the dock (Blvd. de France). I can only remember seeing a couple HC spots in Phillipsburg near Front St. They were parallel parking type. The ones I saw weren't on Front St. or Back St. but down one of the side roads that connects those 2 streets.

I don't know for certain whether you can legally use the parking tag. We used my mom's in the rental car and it wasn't towed away.

I am interested in finding out if I bring my handicapped sign from home, if I can use it in St. Thomas and St. Maarten if we rent a van?

You need to check with your states DMV. They will be able to tell you were your HC Placard will be Honored. In the state I live in I get a sheet included with the renewal placard listing were in the world it's would be honored. For what it's worth St Thomas and St Maarten are not listed on my sheet.

Thanks so much for the information. I have a lot to learn about traveling with 2 people that need assistance.

I did not receive any information with my placecard, but I will call and ask.

I guess that I could contact each of the islands.

We are going to spend the afternoon in Marigot, so that is nice that they do have some handicapped parking.

Thanks again.

Archived