Buying under age child alcohol

lcmc

and to the posters who said you will most likely get put off in the next port if caught.......pwwwasha....haven't ever seen it happen.

I've never seen it...and let's be realistic....CCL isn't even great at getting people tossed off the ship that are really causing a problem. There is NO way they will toss off anyome JUST for buying alcohol for their 18 year old, unless the drinking causes a problem big enough to warrant it.

I've never seen it...and let's be realistic....CCL isn't even great at getting people tossed off the ship that are really causing a problem. There is NO way they will toss off anyome JUST for buying alcohol for their 18 year old, unless the drinking causes a problem big enough to warrant it.

So you're agreeing with her pwwwasha and throwing in a pffffffft? :p

Last Jan. I saw them helping several ON THE SHIP... seems we did not have enough drunks onboard so they went over to Our Lucaya (GBI) and snatched up a couple off their stools... LOL

I have never personally seen some removed... not saying they wouldn't. Heck even a real legal age DRUNK can be taken off (or to the brig).

Jesus, you people are WORSE than "minors" - I was making a point, and that was the only thing I could think of to illustrate it. Is it really that easy to get you people worked up?

LOL Sweetie, it was just a visual some of would rather not contemplate. But I did understand your point....although reading that first thing in the morning, prior to finishing my first cup was a bit too much.

back to the booze now.....

*heading for a caffeine refill*

Will this thread get back on track today? It kinda got rear ended yesterday.

LMAO

:eek:

I mean, LOL!!!!

So you're agreeing with her pwwwasha and throwing in a pffffffft? :p

yes, that 'bout sums it up. Thanks Nunu!! :D

Well to kind of get back on topic, when my girlfriend and I went on our first cruise, I was 21 and she was 20. We knew that she would not be able to by her own drinks (even thought she did manage to buy a DOD after the sail away), so for the whole cruise I just purchased all the drinks. Never had any problems, and I was only ID'd maybe once.

But my 2 cents on the drinking age, is that if you are given all the other responsibilities of an adult at 18 why should you have to wait 3 years to be allowed to purchase alcohol? Here the legal drinking age is 19, and I really didn't even see it as that big of deal when I turned 19, just another year older.

I also live in Cincinnati area and you definately CANNOT buy alcohol for a minor, or 18 year old. You must be 21!

Have you not read all the thread? Your state has an exception to that law-you definitely CAN buy alcohol for a minor if that minor is your own child.

.Ohio

- No one under the age of 21 is allowed to possess or consume any alcohol in any public or private place, unless the underage person is accompanied by a parent, spouse who is not an underage person, or legal guardian. Also anyone under the age of 18 is not allowed to possess or consume any low-alcohol beverage in any public or private place, unless accompanied by a parent, spouse who is not an underage person, or legal guardian. The limit of intoxication to drive a vehicle for someone under 21 years of age is a concentration of at least two-hundredths of one gram but less than ten-hundredths of one gram by weight of alcohol per two hundred ten liters of the person's breath. For everyone 21 years of age or more it's concentration of ten-hundredths of one per cent or more but less than seventeen-hundredths of one per cent by weight of alcohol in the person's blood.

Wow......who knew? I am assuming every state is different then.

Wow......who knew? I am assuming every state is different then.

That's right. There is no federal law governing the drinking age; this is left up to the states. However, the federal government strong-armed the states with the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984. The federal governement stated that states had the right to set their own drinking age; however, any state which did not set the age at 21 would be subjected to a ten percent decrease in its annual federal highway apportionment.

That's right. There is no federal law governing the drinking age; this is left up to the states. However, the federal government strong-armed the states with the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984. The federal governement stated that states had the right to set their own drinking age; however, any state which did not set the age at 21 would be subjected to a ten percent decrease in its annual federal highway apportionment.

And you can thank MADD for it.

A prime example of Government By Extortion.

Archived