Buying under age child alcohol

lcmc

In my opinion, as long as their not getting all drunk and stupid, it's the parents choice. You have the control of how many drinks you purchase for them.

Drinking age was 18 for me!:D

Actually, that is not the way that rules and laws work, as nice as it would be sometimes. It is not your choice as a parent. And in many places, the drinking age for me was 14 or 16- but that is completely immaterial.

If you don't want opinions- don't post on a web board...:rolleyes:

Even if an 18 year old is allowed to drink in Ohio with parental consent, you still can't buy him or her a drink at a restaurant, can still be charged with public intoxication, drunk & disorderly conduct ect...

And, Carnival rules state the drinking age is 21 & up....On RCCL it used to be 18 & up with parent's signature, but that was for beer & wine only...

Thats how it was on NCL last year i believe. I know that someone that I met had an older brother that was 19 and was drinking on the ship and something about he had his father's permission.

Thats how it was on NCL last year i believe. I know that someone that I met had an older brother that was 19 and was drinking on the ship and something about he had his father's permission.

That used to be the policy on RCI as well. No longer. Cruises which leave from South America and Europe do still have the parental waiver form for 18-20's, but the rest of the ships are now enforcing a 21 y/o age requirement.

Firstly, I thought I was being served when I lived in Florida because I had gone through puberty and could fill out a bathing suit top. (.)(.) Now, I find out that just about any yahoo can have a drink if they just marry some 36 yr old slobbering drunk. Who knew...:D

I am quite surprized at how ticked off people are getting about this. :confused: To the OP, I'm treating 4 folks to a cruise in May. One of them will be 20. Guess who will be drinking with us. And, one of the folks I'm treating to the cruise is her mother.

My opinion - it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Again I don't care what your state says or does!!! And if I want to yell I will!! And I don't care if you give your kid a drink really I don't!! I'm just saying be careful. I just know that Ohio you can't do this. If you can in Colorado go for it!! Geesh did I hit a nerve or did I hit a guilty spot???? Drink away for all I care and no I am not anti-drinking and neither are my legal kids!!! Infact when my kids did drink when they were not of age I told them If you are drinking then you are staying and that was and is the way it goes around here but then again they take the risk of getting caught by the school and the cops. Ok if you don't think I know what I'm talking about then I will get the Dare Officer on here and then he will tell you the rules like tells all the kids in school. Also you can ask the state patrol that stopped at our party to see if minors were drinking and explained that if threre were even if the parents were there that they would be contributing to a minor but since the kids were not drinking he left. Respect the law so few do I'm not saying I'm goodytooshoes which I'm not but come on can't you see this is what is wrong with this country Its wrong but hey I can do it because it doesn't apply to me!! So go ahead and drink away heck even get drunk I don't care what you do or say!! so BYE BYE did you hear that??

Hmmm, Madge, since you mentioned Colorado, I think you're replying to my post. Like you, I only know my personal experiences. And, I have this underlying need to be funny. Nothing in my post was meant to set you off. I actually don't think underage drinking is what's wrong with this country, though.

Hmmm, Madge, since you mentioned Colorado, I think you're replying to my post. Like you, I only know my personal experiences. And, I have this underlying need to be funny. Nothing in my post was meant to set you off. I actually don't think underage drinking is what's wrong with this country, though.

Or to mine. I was quite surprised when a while ago this thread led me to look up the laws here in Colorado. Who knew? Not me, for sure. However, with my underage children, my word trumps laws When I am More Strict. But reading the laws is something everyone can do- they are rather clear. As are the laws as posted from Ohio. Seems rather clear that the law allows an underaged child can drink when with a parent.

Again I don't care what your state says or does!!! And if I want to yell I will!! And I don't care if you give your kid a drink really I don't!! I'm just saying be careful. I just know that Ohio you can't do this.Yes, you can. Refer to Ohio law quoted above. If you can in Colorado go for it!! Geesh did I hit a nerve or did I hit a guilty spot???? Drink away for all I care and no I am not anti-drinking and neither are my legal kids!!! Infact when my kids did drink when they were not of age I told them If you are drinking then you are staying and that was and is the way it goes around here but then again they take the risk of getting caught by the school and the cops. Ok if you don't think I know what I'm talking about then I will get the Dare Officer on here and then he will tell you the rules like tells all the kids in school.Please do. Also you can ask the state patrol that stopped at our party to see if minors were drinking and explained that if threre were even if the parents were there that they would be contributing to a minor but since the kids were not drinking he left.You can give your own child liquor in Ohio. You cannot give anyone else's child liquor.You may very well have a host drinking law in Ohio, which states that you, as a parent, may not host drinking parties for minor children or underage adults. That has nothing to do with the parental exception which exists in Ohio. Respect the law so few do I'm not saying I'm goodytooshoes which I'm not but come on can't you see this is what is wrong with this country Its wrong but hey I can do it because it doesn't apply to me!! So go ahead and drink away heck even get drunk I don't care what you do or say!! so BYE BYE did you hear that??

Sounds like you are really really upset at being challenged.

Again I don't care what your state says or does!!! And if I want to yell I will!! And I don't care if you give your kid a drink really I don't!! I'm just saying be careful. I just know that Ohio you can't do this. If you can in Colorado go for it!! Geesh did I hit a nerve or did I hit a guilty spot???? Drink away for all I care and no I am not anti-drinking and neither are my legal kids!!! Infact when my kids did drink when they were not of age I told them If you are drinking then you are staying and that was and is the way it goes around here but then again they take the risk of getting caught by the school and the cops. Ok if you don't think I know what I'm talking about then I will get the Dare Officer on here and then he will tell you the rules like tells all the kids in school. Also you can ask the state patrol that stopped at our party to see if minors were drinking and explained that if threre were even if the parents were there that they would be contributing to a minor but since the kids were not drinking he left. Respect the law so few do I'm not saying I'm goodytooshoes which I'm not but come on can't you see this is what is wrong with this country Its wrong but hey I can do it because it doesn't apply to me!! So go ahead and drink away heck even get drunk I don't care what you do or say!! so BYE BYE did you hear that??

Pssst Madge. You're wrong. Stop yelling. People have posted the section of Ohio law numerous times on this thread. Time to go back and read a bit.

Have you ever tried square breathing?

I think its legal for anyone 18 or older to drink at a bar with a parent or relative in Wisconsin!

They don't even have to be 18 in Wisconsin..... as long as it's your kid and you get it from the bartender and hand it to them!!!

Interesting thread. It explains why a few weeks ago when my son (16 but looks older) ordered a drink with us at an upscale restaurant, the waiter was going to get it. Son was joking around, we were open mouthed and said-uh- underaged. Sounds like he could legitimately could have had it. This comes as a complete surprise to me. Glad my kids didn't know- might have occasionally had some pressure for a drink other than a Shirley Temple.

When I was 17 and out to dinner with my boyfriends family I pointed to a coke across the table, and the waitress brought me a beer that had been next to me! I looked at my boyfriends dad and asked if I looked 21 (it was his beer)?? Was preplexed...but they allowed us all to order strawberry margarita's with the alcohol in them. It was a wedding reception so they figured what the heck....not like we got drunk, but were all giddy to have been served underage!

Also, I was on a cruise several years ago with a 20 year old traveling with us, and on the first night of the cruise at the MDR they would not serve him....but every night after they did? We were confused? They let him purchase drinks and never said anything while he used his own SS card!

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Archived